Head of Business Analytics
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. As a dynamic tech company, we are revolutionizing the automotive industry with our brands Noicompriamoauto.it, AUTO1.com and Autohero. Our strong team of 5.000 people is dedicated to making Europe-wide car trading and transport as fast and stress-free as possible for our customers. Grow personally and shape the future of car trading with us.
The Business Analytics department plays a strategic role in empowering, sharing & transforming data to provide the top management with reports, analytics & concepts that help them make strategic decisions.
We are looking for a Team Lead Analytics to take over this challenge with strong attention to detail, excellent quantitative skills, and strong business acumen. You have the ability to make decisions based on data, improve project execution, as well as clearly communicate across large organizations with various stakeholders.
What you will tackle
- Take ownership of the Italian reporting environment for multiple business verticals
- Help identify growth opportunities and run business valuable ad-hoc analyses to answer high-level demands and break them down into implementable steps
- Synthesize data from multiple sources to develop realistic, insightful and actionable recommendations; present results of strategic projects (e.g. Resource Allocation, Key Driver Analysis, Sales Forecasts…) in a coherent, meaningful way
- Coach and mentor direct reports in best practices, procedures, and policies with a focus on continuous improvement and professional development
- Ensure the communication with the top management to define measures of business performance and impulse changes based on data driven decisions with the proper organizational cadence
- Work closely with European Data Analytics & Data Engineering to align business needs and reporting environment
- You will manage a team of 3-4 analysts with a strong team growth potential
What you are good at
- At least 5 years previous experience in a high-pressure analytical role in consulting, strategic business development, in e-commerce or tech
- Previous experience in managing analysts
- Strong proficiency in GSheet, SQL (familiarity with Amazon Redshift SQL is a plus) and a background in data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Looker Studio or similar)
- Knowledge of statistical tools and regression analysis
- Proficiency in Python programming or R is a plus
- Experience with CRM systems and other sales tools is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, Statistics or Economics is a plus
- You are excited about solving problems, are passionate about deriving meaningful insights using data that will benefit the whole organization and are proactive in answering business issues
- You take ownership, work in a structured & independent manner and do not lose sight of your goals in complex topics
- Our fast-paced start-up environment offers plenty of challenges that let you grow personally and gives you the opportunity to have direct impact with everything you do
- Your life-work balance is important for us, so you have the option to work from home up to 2 days a week
- You will be collaborating with international teams and you will meet amazing people from all horizons
Full Time from monday to friday
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.