Strategic Operations Associate, Pharmacy Partnerships (Remote)
Blink Health is a healthcare technology company that builds products to make prescriptions accessible and affordable to everybody. Our two primary products – BlinkRx and Quick Save – remove traditional roadblocks within the current prescription supply chain, resulting in better access to critical medications and improved health outcomes for patients.
BlinkRx is the world’s first pharma-to-patient cloud that offers a digital concierge service for patients who are prescribed branded medications. Patients benefit from transparent low prices, free home delivery, and world-class support on this first-of-its-kind centralized platform. With BlinkRx, never again will a patient show up at the pharmacy only to discover that they can’t afford their medication, their doctor needs to fill out a form for them, or the pharmacy doesn’t have the medication in stock.
We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
The Pharmacy Partnerships team works with BlinkRx’s pharmacy partners to ensure patients can access their medications as easily and affordably as possible. As a Strategic Operations Associate, you will be given a broad range of high-impact responsibilities. You will be heavily relied upon to execute on multiple strategic projects at once, problem solve on a daily basis, and maintain a high degree of operational rigor to help get things done quickly and efficiently. You will also need to develop a detailed understanding of the pharmaceutical supply chain, where Blink fits into it, and how the work of the Pharmacy Partnerships team impacts the long-term vision and strategy for the company. Blink is growing extremely fast, so you will be expected to adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment and set of short-term goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing strategic projects that will require you to work cross-functionally with members of the product, engineering, patient services, and legal teams
- Program managing the onboarding/implementation of new pharmacy partners and ensuring operational readiness when onboarding new pharma manufacturer clients
- Supporting the account management of existing pharmacy partners
- Creating and monitoring analytical reports for understanding our current metrics and managing toward our northstar goals
- Interfacing day-to-day with Blink’s pharmacy team to help identify issues and implement comprehensive solutions
- Serving as a pharmacy network SME for the company, including building a deep understanding of each pharmacy partner’s unique capabilities and payer/geographic coverage
A successful applicant will fit the following criteria:
- 3+ years of management consulting or operations/program management at a startup (health tech is preferred)
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and simultaneously managing multiple workstreams
- A relentless problem-solver and comfortable with ambiguity
- A strong performer with a track record of success in fast-paced environments
- Excited by the prospect of diving into complex problems in the healthcare space to improve patient outcomes
- Capable of project management in a technical environment with a focus on execution and documenting results
- Comfort with analyzing and interpreting data. Experience with Tableau is preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalents)
- Motivated by Blink’s mission to address the medication affordability and accessibility crisis in America
- Experience in health care is preferred but not required
Why Join Us:
It is rare to have a company that both deeply impacts its customers and is able to provide its services across a massive population. At Blink, we have a huge impact on people when they are most vulnerable: at the intersection of their healthcare and finances. We are also the fastest growing healthcare company in the country and are driving that impact across millions of new patients every year. Our business model not only helps people, but drives economics that allow us to build a generational company. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious, and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.