.NET Developer (f/m/x)
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
.NET Developer (f/m/x)
HybridDo you thrive on creating order out of chaos?
We are Dreamlines, an innovative, international online travel company. We're the leading portal for cruises in Europe, operating in four of the biggest cruise markets. It's been eleven years since our establishment, and three years since our industry faced incredibly challenging circumstances. But we've battened down the hatches and weathered the storm, and as we sail ahead at full steam, we're looking for a .NET engineer to join our Booking Hub crew.
These are exciting times for us! Our jobs are mostly within a hybrid setting – lots of digital collaboration but also occasional travels and onsite meetings in our headquarters in Hamburg. Come join our team, and your work will impact the way travelers explore the world.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Write new features and fix bugs in our systems for:
- Payment processing
- Our home-grown call-center/sales front end
- Integration with SAP (don’t worry, you won’t have to write anything in SAP)
- Our e-commerce order engine
- And more!
- Work with other IT teams to improve our platform’s quality and drive improvements to become Dreamlines`global booking tool
- Take responsibility for every stage of the development and operational life cycle of our Booking Hub product
- Find the right technical solutions to complex problems
- Lead architectural discussions and decisions within the team and, when needed, together with other teams
- Collaborate with other global teams and stakeholders to define requirements and deliver
What we are looking for
- You're a .NET developer with a few years of real-world experience
- You have experience with:
- SQL databases (we mostly use SQL Server)
- .NET Core as well as .NET Framework
- ASP.NET MVC 4/5
- It's a definite plus if you have experience in any of these:
- You're reasonably comfortable writing (and of course consuming) REST APIs
- You speak very good English (German isn't required, but it's a big plus)
- A somewhat chaotic IT environment using a wide variety of technologies is something you see as an opportunity, not a burden. You're interested in looking for ways to simplify and consolidate. You take the time to document what you learn.
- You thrive on troubleshooting. If something breaks, you're happy to scour logs and run tests to figure out what broke and how to fix it
- You're comfortable in an Agile environment
- You're familiar with CI/CD (We mostly use Jenkins)
- You're always looking for ways to test your code
- Competitive salary
- Room for growth and development
- Flexible working hours within a hybrid setting
- Flat hierarchy with your contribution appreciated
- An international and diverse company
- Exclusive access to travel perks and shopping discounts
- Subsidized company pension scheme
- Team and company events on a regular basis