We are looking to hire a Legal Counsel who can direct the legal, compliance and risk management exercises for our organization. As an in-house Legal Counsel and Company Secretary, your duties and responsibilities are to ensure that the company’s legal documents and activities follow the applicable laws and regulations as well as the policies and procedures of Gogoro Group. You are expected to give legal advice to the management team to benefit the business operation and business development by considering risks, compliance, and the company’s interests, thereby safeguarding Gogoro’s reputation and interests.
- Create, review, solidify, vet, and negotiate legal documents, including without limitation agreements with foreign and local vendor and customer agreements, leases, deeds, declarations, end-user legal agreements, MOUs and LOIs, corporate compliance documents, day-to-day documents, reports, publications and releases for internal and external dissemination.
- Give timely, accurate legal advice to the company and office staff on day-to-day legal needs and matters that relate to the company’s products, services and operation or that might influence the organization.
- Advise on critical brand protection areas relating to IP and information management, including data privacy and cyber security.
- As a company secretary, be responsible for compliances related to Company Law as applicable to the company and ensure other statutory compliances as stipulated under applicable corporate laws like RBI, FEMA, Factory related compliances etc.
- Coordinate all allied corporate activities like financial facility documentation, bank account signatory management, CSR, etc.
- Store, handle and manage the legal and corporate documentation and paperwork.
- Manage and deal with the compliance and risk management, and identify and facilitate the process to reduce areas of risk exposure.
- Attend internal or cross-functions meetings to better identify the potential legal impacts to address the organization needs on both local and group company level.
- Collaborate with other legal team members of the Gogoro Group on cross-border projects.
- Liaison with consultants and lawyers for legal opinions.
- Provide information through legal dialect to give insights to other office staff.
- Pursue and keep professional legal knowledge up-to-date and stay in the track of the related industries know-how, and maintain adequate understanding of regulatory laws, company laws, customer protection laws, transportation and energy laws, etc., and the best-practice knowledge in the relevant legal areas.
- Research on a variety of legal issues that may have impacts on the products and operation of Gogoro Group.
- Proficient in the English language for reading, listening, reading and speaking with respect to legal matters.
- Law degree in India from a prestigious college; LL.M. or J.D. degree from a foreign jurisdiction is a plus.
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience, 2+ years of which as in-house counsel, preferably at listed or multi-national companies.
- Licensed to practice law in India.
- Post-Graduation Diplomat for Company Secretaryship, with a completion of all the requisite courses at the ICSI.
- Details oriented with the process driven attitude.
- Open-minded, passionate, and motivated to tackle complicated issues.
- Excellent team player and good communication skills.