Energy Firmware Engineer
About the job
Our focus is on designing and developing embedded software for Gogoro's battery packs and battery swapping stations, as well as other components of the energy network. This includes developing new functionalities in the management algorithms to improve product performance. The embedded software enables the collaborative team to gain insights into on-site maintenance conditions and provide recommendations. We strive to optimize the software and develop new systems to enhance user experience and improve product quality.
- Development and management of embedded software, facilitating cross-functional team discussions.
- Designing, implementing, and verifying new ideas in areas such as Battery Management System (BMS) algorithms, industrial/automotive communication, machine-to-machine interaction, user interface and user experience, and big data collection and analysis.
- Monitoring and improving the performance of products in the field.
- Conducting bring-up processes and low-layer code debugging for new products.
- Implementing new features and facilitating software releases through the CI/CD approach.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support product mass production.
- Researching and exploring new approaches to enhance software quality.
- Ambitious mindset and a strong desire to develop innovative embedded systems for providing superior energy services.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages.
- Knowledge of processor or microcontroller architectures.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- Experience working with peripherals such as 1-Wire, SPI, UART, I2C, CAN, USB.
- Familiarity with wireless communication technologies like WLAN, BLE, NFC.
- Experience in programming under operating systems like RTOS or Linux.
- Proficiency in using Git for version control.
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes, software testing, unit testing, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Experience in the fields of IoT, battery management, DC/DC converters, automotive products, and industrial control products.
- Understanding of functional safety principles.
- Knowledge of algorithms, security, file systems, and network applications.
- Exposure to machine learning concepts.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.