Product Quality Engineer
The Product Quality Engineer will play a critical role in the engineering department, focusing on planning and developing methods for battery testing, ensuring compliance with safety and design specifications, executing validation tests, analyzing quality results, and maintaining quality records. The successful candidate will leverage their expertise in battery manufacturing processes, quality assurance, and ISO documentation to drive continuous improvement and ensure adherence to quality standards.
Battery Testing Method Development:
- Plan and develop different methods to test batteries, including performance, safety, and durability testing.
- Implement testing protocols and procedures to ensure comprehensive evaluation of battery quality.
Compliance with Technical and Legal Specifications:
- Ensure that all technical and legal specifications for safety and design are met in battery production.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits to verify compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Execute validation tests according to predefined test cases and protocols.
- Analyze test results and validate product performance against quality standards.
Quality Result Analysis:
- Execute tests and analyze quality results to identify deviations or non-conformities.
- Develop corrective and preventive actions to address quality issues and improve product performance.
Battery Quality Standards and Specifications:
- Ensure that battery quality meets standards and specifications for the expected lifespan of 3-5 years.
- Implement quality assurance measures to uphold the reliability and safety of battery products.
LFP Battery Manufacturing Process Knowledge:
Possess knowledge of LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery manufacturing processes.
Identify and address problems in the manufacturing process to maintain product quality and consistency.
Quality Records Management:
- Prepare and maintain quality records, management information system (MIS) reports, and documentation for system audits.
- Document procedures, inspection plans, work instructions, and quality assurance specifications.
- Prepare monthly and yearly MIS reports on quality performance and key metrics.
- Analyze trends and deviations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Quality Improvement Initiatives:
- Analyze rejection rates and quality metrics using various quality control (QC) tools.
- Implement containment and permanent corrective actions in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure compliance with ISO documentation requirements for quality management systems.
- Maintain day-to-day ISO documentation and support internal and external audits.
Lab Equipment Requirement Analysis:
- Identify the requirements for lab equipment to support battery testing and quality assurance activities.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to acquire necessary equipment and resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality Management, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in product quality management, preferably in battery manufacturing or related industries.
- Strong knowledge of battery testing methods, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with ISO documentation and quality management systems.
- Proficiency in quality assurance methodologies and tools, such as statistical process control (SPC) and failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes of quality issues and implement effective corrective actions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with LFP battery manufacturing processes and quality control practices.