The Automation & Equipment Engineer will play a pivotal role in the engineering department, focusing on automation project schedule planning and management, coordination of automation cycle time/test coverage issues, maintenance planning for automation lines, instrument calibration planning, and equipment spare parts planning. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the seamless integration of automation systems and equipment into our manufacturing processes.
Automation Project Schedule Planning and Management:
- Develop and maintain project schedules for automation initiatives, ensuring timely completion of milestones and deliverables.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to allocate resources effectively and mitigate potential scheduling conflicts.
- Monitor project progress and identify areas for optimization to enhance efficiency and productivity.
Automation Cycle Time/Test Coverage Issues Coordinator:
- Investigate and resolve issues related to automation cycle time and test coverage, employing root cause analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement corrective actions and enhancements to improve automation performance.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize cycle time and test coverage across automation systems.
Automation Line Maintenance and Instrument Calibration Planning:
- Develop maintenance schedules for automation lines, including preventive maintenance activities and calibration requirements.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with operations teams to minimize downtime and disruptions to production schedules.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and company policies regarding instrument calibration and maintenance procedures.
Equipment Spare Parts Planning:
- Identify critical spare parts for automation equipment and develop comprehensive spare parts inventories.
- Establish procurement processes to ensure the timely acquisition of spare parts and minimize inventory shortages.
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to negotiate favorable pricing and terms for spare parts procurement.
1. Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
2. 4+ years of experience in automation engineering, equipment maintenance, or related roles.
3. Proficiency in automation systems and equipment, including PLCs, robotics, and industrial control systems.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex automation issues.
5. Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
6. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards related to equipment maintenance and calibration.
7. Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
8. Experience with CAD software and technical drawing interpretation is a plus.