Product Test Engineer
The Product & Testing Engineer will play a vital role in the engineering department, focusing on new product development, testing program editing, equipment setup, quality improvement, lean production, and production line/RMA failure analysis. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous improvement of our products and production processes.
New Product Development and Issue Analysis:
1. Participate in new product development projects, providing engineering expertise and insights.
2. Conduct thorough analysis of product issues and discrepancies, employing root cause analysis methodologies.
3. Collaborate with design and manufacturing teams to implement solutions and enhancements for product improvement.
Test Program Editing and Equipment Setup:
1. Edit and optimize test programs for product testing, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
2. Set up and calibrate testing equipment to meet the requirements of product testing protocols.
3. Conduct regular maintenance and troubleshooting of testing equipment to ensure optimal performance.
Test Equipment Link with CiMES & Issue Resolution:
1. Establish and maintain linkages between test equipment and CiMES (Continuous Improvement Manufacturing Execution System).
2. Address and resolve issues related to test equipment integration with CiMES to streamline production processes.
Quality Improvement and Lean Production Leading:
1. Lead initiatives for quality improvement and lean production methodologies.
2. Identify opportunities for process optimization and waste reduction to enhance operational efficiency.
3. Implement quality control measures and standards to ensure product reliability and customer satisfaction.
Production Line/RMA Failure Analysis and Improvement:
1. Conduct failure analysis of production line issues and RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) failures.
2. Develop and implement corrective actions to address root causes and prevent recurrence of failures.
3. Collaborate with production teams to improve process reliability and reduce downtime.
Repair Skill Training and Ability Enhancement:
1. Provide training and guidance to production and repair technicians to enhance their repair skills and capabilities.
2. Develop training programs and materials to support continuous skill development and knowledge enhancement.
3. Monitor and evaluate repair performance to identify areas for improvement and provide feedback as needed.
3-5 Years of experience in product engineering, testing, or related roles in the automotive or electronics industry.
Proficiency in test program editing, equipment setup, and troubleshooting.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct thorough root cause analysis.
Experience with quality improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Knowledge of CiMES or similar manufacturing execution systems is a plus.