Senior Developer Relations Engineer
Southern Asia · East Asia · Oceania
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to reach unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and having a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
About The Role:
Joining Immutable as a Senior Developer Relations Engineer, you will play a fundamental role in driving market adoption of our platform offering by the developer community from the bottom up. Reporting into the Head of Developer Growth, you'll build out developer friendly content with a strategic lens, stretching from core documentation to multimedia content.
The right candidate will understand the systems and channels that make this content the most valuable for Developers and better enable them to build world class web3 games on the Immutable platform. This is a hugely impactful position as success in this role has direct correlation to success for Immutable and its ecosystem.
You’ll Be Empowered To:
- Design the content vision, strategy and roadmap for Immutable developer education content, including tutorials, game build demos and core documentation
- Produce all aspects of this content including, if needed, project management and edition of content contributors
- Write documentation and tutorials in cohesive, easy to follow and easy to understand English
- Product multimedia content - including shot, edit and scripting
- Build demo projects (games/ marketplaces) to demonstrate how users should use them
- Provide a strong point of view on the holistic developer experience. Specifically, which engagement channels and content formats work best for scaled developer learning and development
We'd Love You To Bring:
- 5+ years of engineering experiences leading product development ideally in a global and industry leading tech company, or own venture
- Research and innovation (skunkworks) experience on technical products as part of a previous role
- Proven history of content creation, including YouTube, Twitch or other proprietary or internal facing platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Great technical background and pedigree (ie right degree, right technical shop in previous work experience)
- Experience with TypeScript and React
Bonus Points For:
- Interest and exposure to web3
- Understanding of gaming platforms like Unity and Unreal, ideally has built or adapted a game before
- Strong front-end capability to build desired user experiences on our documentation and content platforms
- Programming experience with Unreal, Unity or Solidity
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
Join us in shaping the future of web3 gaming!