Senior Product Manager, Navigation
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
About the Role:
At Included Health, our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. The healthcare system is confusing, complex, fragmented, and the decisions are high-stakes. On the Navigation team, we aim to take the work out of getting the right care. We are looking for a Product Manager who can help solve some of the biggest pain points in the healthcare experience – from how patients figure out what care might cost, to understanding bills, to understanding how their health insurance works. This is a role that will focus on some of the most common and highest-friction experiences in healthcare, and has an opportunity to impact the lives of our millions of members.
In this role, you’ll be solving challenging problems such as:
- How do we make it easy for members to understand how health insurance plans work and what they cover?
- How do we help members understand the cost of care? How do we give them a path forward if the cost is too high for them?
- How do we help members understand their healthcare bills? How do we provide advocacy for them when they’re billed incorrectly?
You’ll be solving these problems through both our self-serve digital experience and via human-powered services you’ll support in partnership with our care team. Within Included Health, solving these problems successfully means meaningfully increasing healthcare access and affordability for millions of members, while also scaling our business to support many millions more.
As Senior Product Manager for Financial Navigation, you will…
- Define the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for both existing and yet-to-be-developed products and features.
- Work closely with design, engineering, data science, clinicians and other cross-functional partners to prioritize features and ship products across the full product lifecycle from idea, research, design, specification, metrics definition, development, launch and beyond.
- Understand and analyze user/customer needs deeply using both quantitative and qualitative tactics.
- Understand how our care and clinical teams support our members and develop tooling, workflows, and processes to allow them to deliver care more effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with go-to-market teams to design and prioritize solutions that simultaneously address member problems, increase healthcare access, and reduce costs for members and customers.
- Create and implement measures to help quantify and optimize the impact on members and customers. Use these measures to help the team prioritize their work.
- Develop expertise in how the healthcare system works and become an authority both internally and to customers for how to tackle key problems members face
- Collaborate with other product managers to deliver cohesive, robust experiences.
- Transform the way that millions of people experience healthcare
You might be a good fit if...
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, with a strong track record of delivering high-impact software products throughout the lifecycle.
- You have successfully launched products to a large number of users and have iterated based on feedback and data.
- You possess excellent analytical skills and experience defining and measuring product metrics, and experience with designing and running A/B tests when rolling out features.
- You have deep empathy for users, and keep the patient and their needs at the center of the product.
- You have a track record of wrestling with complex problems to develop simple and user-friendly solutions, and have deep intuition about user experience and what makes a product experience great.
- You possess excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- You have previous experience in consumer technology (but prior healthcare experience is not required!)
- You believe that the way that people receive healthcare can and should be better. We're looking to hire brilliant people who are able to work collaboratively and inspire those around them to be their best to build the next generation of healthcare. No brilliant jerks.
Why join us?
- Hop on a rocketship: With our recent merger with Doctor on Demand and acquisition of Included Health, we became the second-biggest digital health company in the US. We’re on a roll and we are still only in the early innings of our mission.
- Accelerate your career: Forbes’ recently named us a Best Startup Employer, and we’ve been voted a Glassdoor Best Places to work, and a 4x Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
- Roll up your sleeves and partner with experts with all kinds of experience: We hire for intellectual curiosity, humility, and hunger for impact. In this role you’ll get exposure across the company in many strategic projects where you’ll work closely with go-to-market leaders, finance, operations specialists, product managers, doctors, population health experts, Product Marketing, and data scientists who share a singular goal: make healthcare better.
- Make healthcare work for millions of people: We’re taking on healthcare head-on. End each day knowing that your work is transforming a $3.6 trillion industry and millions of people’s lives for the better.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.