Senior Front-End Software Engineer, Developer Platform, Identity and Access Management
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
The Developer Platform team is nimble, innovative, and rapidly growing as it creates the foundational building blocks leveraged by every data scientist and software engineer at Included Health. We understand and anticipate the needs of developers working in a service oriented architecture, which allows us to maximize our impact with cross-cutting features. The Developer Platform team comprises two focus areas: Developer Experience and Identity and Access Management (IAM). Currently, these two groups are focused on simplifying operation/rapid creation of microservices and rebuilding our IAM platform respectively.
The Developer Platform team is part of the greater Infrastructure organization with a shared mission to drive engineering velocity. Infrastructure engineers are impactful, high-leverage force-multipliers; we thrive by causally improving the effectiveness of the entire engineering organization. We work directly with our stakeholders, exercising the right amount of empathy to help define and scope our projects. If you believe that self-organizing, highly autonomous teams build better platforms, then this is the right opportunity for you. We are not an operations team.
We are agile and iterative in nature and consistently optimize for impact. We recognize that we may not get technology, tooling, or processes right on our first try and thus believe shipping value incrementally and learning is the best way to maximize our impact. We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers at all levels to join our truly exceptional development team.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals and are able to apply them when faced with an ambiguous problem space.
- You have significant experience building and maintaining modern frontend web applications in React.
- You care about software and are proud of what you deliver.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD).You get a rush when you improve the productivity of and remove barriers from fellow engineers.
- You care about the UI/UX of your apps and enjoy putting on your product/design hat.
- You have the ability to interface with multidisciplinary teams across the organization.
About the Work
- Create user-facing applications and tools to support configuration of IAM implementations and member authentication.
- Create infrastructure software and high leverage tools, libraries, and frameworks that support various IAM use cases.
- Contribute to the overall construction and continuous improvement of a robust IAM platform.
- Plan and lead ambitious technical projects that address issues with high ambiguity.
- Interface with a wide variety of teams to evangelize technologies we create.
- Build cross-cutting features in the dataplane by using and extending state of the art service mesh technologies.
Desired Skills (not required)
- Experience with Next.js and Typescript.
- Experience with Go or Python.
- Experience working in a service oriented architecture.
- Understanding of modern IAM standards and protocols.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See more open positions at Included Health
Something looks off?