Vice President, Corporate Development
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2023
Included Health is seeking a highly motivated executive to lead its Corporate Development function. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this Vice President role will own the corporate development strategy and execution across the organization. The right candidate will be a thought leader and an innovator. They will have an external view of healthcare trends and the competitive landscape, and will possess strategic thinking to identify the critical market opportunities to help us achieve our mission. This highly influential role requires a skilled leader with a passion for member experience, technology, and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone.
- Working in partnership with cross-functional partners and the executive leadership team, this role will lead the identification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures.
- Support the CEO and CFO to define and execute the inorganic strategy, transactions and value realization tied to Included Health’s long-term strategic plan.
- Analyze and engage with stakeholders to identify market opportunities, positioning, and defining success metrics.
- Provide timely reporting and analysis of healthcare trends, competitive insights, and other market updates as needed.
- Interface with the CEO and Board of Directors for corporate presentations and communications. Be the senior strategic voice for the big picture state of the market and building business cases for the Board of Directors.
- Leverage intellectual curiosity and responsiveness to instill trust and develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, or within an equivalent corporate development group (including M&A, M&A Integration, Strategic Alliances, and/or Strategy).
- 15 years of total professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Highly motivated, high impact, self-starter, who can thrive in a high-performance, results-driven environment.
- Ability to think long term about where we need to go from a growth, M&A, and market leadership perspective and capable of driving results to get us there.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - able to effectively manage ambiguity and operate in build mode.
- Proven track record of motivating others to a vision and actively managing a cross-functional team.
- Ability to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of skilled professionals and a diverse workforce, and build a strong team of talent that aligns with the organizational needs.
- Proven domain expertise with experience building business cases and communicating client-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Significant experience in deal negotiation.
- Experience operating in a healthcare or digital healthcare environment; strong technical and market knowledge across healthcare.
- MBA strongly preferred.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.