Staff Android Engineer, Care Delivery
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
About the role:
Our Care Delivery Engineering team collaborates closely with Product Management and Design to scale and strengthen the healthcare experiences for our members and clinicians. Our powerful healthcare app includes personalized Provider matching, 24/7 Telemedicine + Expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans, and medical claims advocacy. Our Care Delivery organization’s mission is to deliver healthy outcomes for our members. We are focused on helping members engage with our medical and behavioral health practice through Telemedicine as well as continue to advocate, advise and inform them along their healthcare journey.
We are seeking a Staff Android Engineer to join our growing Care Delivery Engineering team to help build the Android experience in a fast, accessible, and intuitive way. You will play a key role in the implementation and advancement of the Android application. You will closely partner with our Product and Design teams on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing of the native mobile applications. We’re looking for a technical leader to develop and execute strategic plans and to collaborate with senior leadership to define and implement strategies to drive success and growth in the Care Delivery organization.
- Optimize and maintain best-in-class Android apps
- Influence and direct architectural decisions across multiple mobile teams
- Execute on product specifications, offer insight from the Android user's perspective
- Ensure Android and Software best practices are utilized in the code base
- Execute on the most complex pieces and deliver high quality code which raises the standards of development, delivery, scale and operationality.
- Create Engineering Design Documents (EDDs)
- Mentor and contribute to growth in the Android team
- Participate in spec reviews and offer solutions specific to your platform
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Backend teams
- Participate and lead Android development meetings
- Force multiplication and grow other individuals to become strong tech leads
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in professional mobile development
- Experience building complex native Kotlin applications
- Obsessed by efficiency and building scalable technology
- Deep understanding of software design patterns, architectural principles, and best practices for Android development.
- Experience integrating and leveraging external services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, and authentication
- Ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience implementing 3rd party SDKs
- Comfortable with GraphQL
- Desire to learn new technologies and remain on the cutting edge
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $150,800 - $229,950 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $181,000 - $275,950 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.