Senior Product Manager, Care Team Experience
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
At Included Health, we’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to high-quality care for every person in every community, no matter where they are in their health journey. We reduce member’s time to care through convenient access to our in-house team of medical & behavioral health providers, pharmacists, nutritionists and more. We navigate members to high quality, in-network local care, and facilitate access to world class experts for second opinions so that members are reassured they are on the right treatment path. We work tirelessly to take work off members’ plates, connecting the dots in our fragmented and confusing healthcare system so they can focus on living their best lives. Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
About the role:
Healthcare decisions are often confusing, high stakes, and incredibly personal. Included Health is a new type of healthcare company, where clinical and non-clinical care teams work together collaboratively to solve member problems, erasing the seams we so often see in healthcare today where financial questions, medical needs, mental health issues are all treated as separate issues by separate organizations. The Care Team is the soul of the Included Health experience, providing support at every step of a member’s journey, from explaining the nuances of a member’s health insurance coverage, to finding a high quality provider, to navigating a member through a new scary diagnosis, to resolving a billing problem. Our team, Care Team Experience, delivers products that supercharge our human-driven services, enabling the Care Team to provide best-in-class, personalized care at national scale. We are looking for a senior Product Manager who will reimagine the core application that powers care & clinical work. Poor usability and documentation burden is pervasive in EHRs & healthcare CRMs today, resulting in practitioner burnout and bad patient experiences. The right candidate for this role is excited to turn that challenge into an opportunity, and will lead the development of a new application that streamlines how work gets done and fuels an integrated member experience across all of our care & clinical services.
In this role you’ll simultaneously tackle usability issues and our biggest barriers to scale, for example:
How might we reduce the time it takes for the care team to get up to speed on a member and ensure the member never has to repeat themselves?
How might technology do the heavy lifting on information retrieval, synthesis, and data entry, so that the care team can focus on caring for members?
How might we reduce possible sources of human error, so that our members receive high quality care, 100% of the time?
How might we better prioritize and route work across our care & clinical teams, so that we’re focused on maximizing outcomes across our populations?
How might we design systems that guide users through their workflows step-by-step, reducing our reliance on training and manual processes?
This role will have a tremendous opportunity to elevate the quality of our member & care team experiences, impacting the lives of our millions of members and enabling us to scale to millions more.
As a Senior Product Manager for Care Team Experience, you will…
- Define the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for both existing and yet-to-be-developed products and features.
- Work closely with design, engineering, data science, clinicians and other cross-functional partners to prioritize features and ship products across the full product lifecycle from idea, research, design, specification, metrics definition, development, launch and beyond.
- Understand and analyze user/customer needs deeply using both quantitative and qualitative tactics
- Understand how our care and clinical teams support our members and develop tooling, workflows, and processes to allow them to deliver care more effectively and efficiently.
- Partner with GMs and finance teams to understand our cost of care, and opportunities to reduce unit costs while improving the member experience
- Develop expertise in how the healthcare system works and become an authority both internally and to customers for how to tackle key problems members face
- Collaborate with other product managers to deliver cohesive, robust experiences. Transform the way that millions of people experience healthcare
You may be a strong match if...
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, with a strong track record of delivering high-impact software products throughout the lifecycle.
- You are especially comfortable taking an experience from 0 to 1, but also understand how to make that experience scale.
- You have strong intuition about user experience and what makes a product experience great.
- You have experience working on enterprise applications in service-driven industries – healthcare a plus! – where products must consider the interplay of digital surfaces with processes & people, both offline and online experiences
- You understand how to influence and drive alignment with cross-functional stakeholders with competing interests, and rally support for your ideas in complex organizations.
- You have deep empathy for users, and keep the patient and their needs at the center of the product.
- You are a polymath. You thrive in environments where you can draw on your diversity of experiences to quickly ramp up in a new domain and add value.
- You possess excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $156,200 - $232,400 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $130,200 - $193,650 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.T
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.