Manager, Mobile Engineering
Parsable improves the lives and experiences of frontline industrial workers by connecting them to the people, information, systems and machines needed to do their best work. Companies like Heineken, Grupo Bimbo, Suntory, LafargeHolcim and Corteva Agriscience rely on Parsable’s mobile-first platform, Connected Worker®, to empower their workers with modern digital tools that improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability at scale.
Parsable is looking for an experienced Manager, Mobile Engineering to drive delivery of new capabilities on our mobile delivery platform. This is a player/coach role with accountability for maintaining alignment of team members to Product and Engineering strategies and ensuring the performance of both employees and contractors that are aligned under the mobile team.
You will be responsible for leading a team of mobile developers, contributing to the delivery of new features and functionality as a hands-on developer; coordinating with Product Managers and other teams responsible for other layers of the platform and operations, as well as implementation planning and delivery.
This role is remote ideally located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, British Columbia or Ontario.
- Directly manage internal and contract team members
- Leading a team of developers and quality engineers to evolve our Native mobile apps towards a single React Native code base
- Write secure, fast and maintainable code
- Ensuring our automated testing coverage reaches a high standard
- Collaborate with backend, web, QA engineers, product managers, and UX designers
- Find and address performance/code quality issues
- Participate in agile ceremonies as an active member of a delivery team
- Partner across delivery teams to remove impediments and drive delivery objectives
- Protect the team from organizational distractions
- Transparently communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- 7+ years experience as an engineering leader working on SaaS platform development with specific background in the delivery of mobile applications
- 2+ years management experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working with React Native
- Strong understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them
- Experience with responsive mobile design, and mobile development best practices
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Knowledge of coding best practices and ability to write clean, scalable and maintainable code
- Experience in DevOps practices and implementation of build/deploy/release pipelines and applicability to mobile application delivery
- Familiarity with feature flags and applicability to release management and feature delivery
- Knowledge of observability best practices for mobile application development - metrics, logging and telemetry
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Native iOS (Objective-C or Swift) and Native Android (Java) a plus
- Scrum Certification a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $165,000-$190,000 + bonus (or commission) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your Talent Acquisition Partner can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. We offer all full-time positions in the US with comprehensive benefits packages including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short term Disability, Life and AD&D and a wide range of additional voluntary benefits.
At Parsable we have a clear vision: Build an inclusive and diverse organization in which differences are respected and valued. By facilitating dialogue, education, community service and improving internal policies, we're creating a connected community in which everyone is accepted as their best, most authentic self. Parsable is committed to creating an employee population which reflects our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?