Senior DevOps Engineer
Parsable improves the lives and experiences of frontline industrial workers by connecting them to the people, information, systems and machines needed to do their best work. Companies like Heineken, Grupo Bimbo, Suntory, LafargeHolcim and Corteva Agriscience rely on Parsable’s mobile-first platform, Connected Worker®, to empower their workers with modern digital tools that improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability at scale.
Parsable is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering and DevOps team to expand our capabilities and drive operational excellence across the organization. This role is a critical team member whose duties will include collaborating with the engineering team on best practices in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as part of a shared responsibility model, ensuring observability and operational best practices are integrated into all aspects of our platform and partnering with delivery teams to define and implement continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines that support fast, scaleable delivery of new features and functionality for our customers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive engineering experience in executing work within the CloudOps/DevOps space. Outstanding Senior CloudOps Engineers optimize and enhance a company's software platform by being self-starters, contributing actionable ideas to leadership and having excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This role is remote and ideally based in one of these locations: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, RI, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, British Columbia or Ontario
- Collaborate closely with the delivery team to ensure seamless integration of development and deployment processes
- Participate in on-call rotation, providing operational support and incident management 24/7 for one week per month
- Collaborate with software engineers to implement best practices for application deployment and configuration management with Amazon ECS
- Leverage your skills to automate repetitive tasks and streamline deployment workflows using GitHub Actions
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of Terraform modules for infrastructure deployments in AWS
- Proven experience working as a DevOps Engineer with 5+ years in AWS
- Strong familiarity with version control systems, particularly GitHub
- Hands-on experience with Terraform for infrastructure as code
- Experience with container orchestration (ECS, EKS, Kubernetes)
- Experience configuring & managing CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub, Spinnaker)
- Experience with Kubernetes manifests, deployments, and ingress
- Experience automating builds, releases and other activities
- Experience operating and configuring observability tools such as DataDog
- Mastery of one or more scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$160,000 + bonus (or commission) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your Talent Acquisition Partner can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. We offer all full-time positions in the US with comprehensive benefits packages including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short term Disability, Life and AD&D and a wide range of additional voluntary benefits.
At Parsable we have a clear vision: Build an inclusive and diverse organization in which differences are respected and valued. By facilitating dialogue, education, community service and improving internal policies, we're creating a connected community in which everyone is accepted as their best, most authentic self. Parsable is committed to creating an employee population which reflects our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.