Principal Software Engineer
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About The Role:
The Payment Acceptance team is responsible for creating an outstanding customer experience allowing customers to pay how they want, whether it's with credit cards or debit cards, with their bank account or other alternative payment methods. We have a global network of payment partners and work to implement new ways to solve customer problems and improve our payments systems You'll report to the Engineering Director for Payments Acceptance located in Krakow.
- Provide Technical Leadership: use your depth and breadth of experience to lead complex, long term, cross-team engineering efforts. In collaboration with other functional and engineering leaders you will be intimately involved in creating and evolving a compelling technical engineering strategy for Payment Acceptance in particular, and broader platform in general
- Identify Improvement Opportunities: identify, articulate and help prioritise technical, operational, product and organisational problems that affect the ability of the Payment Acceptance engineering team to be at their best.
- Solve Broad Problems: Drive and participate in the creation and implementation of solutions to problems facing the engineering team. You will deploy your expertise in technical writing, distributed systems architecture, coding, engineering excellence and software development processes to achieve amazing things for the team.
- Be a Cultural Leader: be a role model in upholding Remitly's cultural values and use them as a framework to mentor and coach other engineers across the company to achieve their full potential. You will be deeply involved in setting and hiring against a high engineering talent bar for the team.
- Teach, coach and mentor: use your technical experience and leadership to participate in growth of engineers in Poland. You will have the change to contribute to professional development, sponsorship and mentoring of your colleagues the Payment Acceptance team and beyond it.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, Go, Python or Ruby.
- 8+ years of overall software development experience including leading development of reliable, available and scalable distributed systems (preferably using a Microservices architecture).
- Experience as a technical leader on complex engineering projects (in a product-driven company) with several engineers and working in partnership with one or more partners such as Product Managers, Designers or Data Scientists.
- Experience driving and building long term technical strategy across multiple engineering teams.
- Experience mentoring engineers up to Senior levels.
- Experience with technical interviewing candidates for all levels up to Senior.
- Stock grant package (RSUs)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid work model
- Office in a Kraków city center (High5ive)
- Health/Dental coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or Sodexo lunch card
- Education budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Something looks off?