Compliance & Licensing Specialist- Seattle or US Remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for a Compliance & Licensing Specialist to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! Based in Seattle, this position will help ensure Remitly's ability to operate as a licensed financial institution and maintaining our strong regulatory standing. In tandem with their colleagues in Compliance, Finance, Information Technology and other teams throughout the company, the Compliance & Licensing Specialist will prepare, coordinate and maintain various regulatory licensing reports, selected corporate filings and renewals. This position will also assist with independent audits, regulatory examinations, and periodic reporting.
The ideal candidate must be willing to dive into a variety of tasks ranging from executing on Remitly's global licensing responsibilities to ongoing engagement in the execution of the company's AML compliance programs. You will report to the Exam Management and Licensing Lead.
- Maintain a database of licensing requirements, including periodic reports and renewal applications, for the Remitly Group of international money transmitters.
- Coordinate, prepare and submit money transmission license renewals, periodic reports, and ad hoc inquiries from regulators.
- Work across teams by being a source of information about relevant Compliance procedures, regulatory guidelines and licensing requirements.
- Research regulatory requirements for new licensing obligations as changes to state laws or Remitly's business model occur.
- Be a liaison with state banking agencies for licensing matters and support third-party audits.
- Provide periodic internal reporting on licensing tasks and emerging risks.
- Assist Compliance Officers with projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Compliance or Licensing role within a financial services business, preferably in a Fintech or environment.
- Understanding of US non-bank regulatory payments framework, state licensing requirements, and NMLS licensing system.
- Understanding of anti-money laundering regulations within the banking/financial services industry.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Competency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Four-year degree and Compliance professional certification preferred.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base pay for this position is typically $70,480-$79,290 In the U.S., Remitly Employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share information about medical benefits offered,as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Something looks off?