Customer Protection Associate - German Speaker
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
The Customer Protection Associate, reporting to the Customer Success Team Manager, will oversee daily fraud screening and compliance workflows to ensure delivery of customer transactions. You will investigate suspicious activity, escalating cases where regulatory reports may be required, and working upstream with internal tools teams to systematically eliminate unwanted activity from the Remitly platform. You will be an essential member of our operations team in Cork, Ireland ensuring a strong process for risk management and governance on fraud prevention and control.
- Monitor real-time queues and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio such as fraud, theft and similar other risks
- You will handle calls, chats and emails to resolve customers queries
- Determine best practices to support with the identification of transaction patterns and trends
- Contacts customers and banking institutions to verify transactions and payment information
- Help resolve customer transaction queries across multiple channels in a professional, timely and appropriate manner
- As part of the wider teams responsibilities, you will support project and other ad-hoc work, which can be up to 20% of your overall responsibilities
- At least 1 year/12-months experience delivering and operating in e-commerce, fraud prevention, quality control or related field
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, recognising fraud patterns
- Excellent English communication skill both in speaking and writing.
- Fluency in German
- Experience working in fast paced dynamic environments
- 34 days of vacation (including public holidays)
- Group private medical insurance with Irish Life & Health
- Group pension (6% contributed) and group income protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Learning and development benefits.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Something looks off?