French Risk Investigator
Recruiter: Maria Urtecho
Hiring Manager: Jose Flores
Req No. 5199
French Risk Investigator (RIs) are Remitly ambassadors who earn customer loyalty by providing service that is personalized, convenient, and secure. They ensure high quality customer experience through a customer-centric mindset and their ownership of risk mitigation in compliance with various regulations and policies to ensure timely delivery of customer transactions.
RIs support operations by taking the path of least friction in protecting our customers. They ensure a strong process for risk management and governance on fraud prevention and control. They should have a good understanding of risk management. They are expected to be role models of Remitly’s cultural values who are always finding ways to enhance the customer journey.
Who You Are:
Risk Investigator (RI) Core Competencies:
The following are the core competencies that each Remitly Risk Investigator should possess:
- Customer-Centric Focus - RIs provide a personalized experience for each customer. They are dedicated to addressing the customer’s needs and values customer time by providing timely and accurate solutions. They are committed to understanding the customer’s intent and motivations to use Remitly’s service and show authenticity and empathy in their responses. They demonstrate active listening skills and optimism to ease customers’ concerns and build trust and confidence.
- Decision Quality - RIs makes customer-centric and timely decisions while ensuring all risks are properly mitigated. They demonstrate wisdom and confidence in making decisions based on the information at hand.
- Resolution Focus - RIs possess a critical eye and a sharp analytical mind. They come up with creative and objective solutions that adhere to the company’s processes and regulatory requirements. They meticulously document the steps they took to resolve the problem and share best practices with others so that it can be implemented and improved.
- Emotional Intelligence - RIs have a strong sense of agency and are able to regulate their own emotions to communicate effectively, manifest joy, and provide peace of mind to our customers. They acknowledge the customer’s pain and demonstrate empathetic partnership and bias for action in seeking out solutions and overcoming challenges.
- Ethics & Values - RIs exhibit behaviors that are consistent with the company's cultural values and principles. They are able to identify when they are in an ethical dilemma and know when and who to consult. They maintain a high level of integrity in one’s work that’s anchored on what’s right for the customer. They apply the company's policies and processes in a consistent, and unbiased manner. They treat people with respect and fairness. RIs are disciplined professionals that ensure that they are accountable for their own actions.
- Advanced soft skills and de-escalation skills
- Fast learning and adaptability skills
- Process improvement focus
- Effective time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work and learn independently
What You’ll Do:
- Review transactions and all available information to understand our customers while respecting all identities.
- Make customer-centric decisions and take the path of least friction to protect our customers.
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activities such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft and other similar risks.
- Exhibit bias for action on observed patterns and trends, and be an owner by providing timely and accurate resolution based on customer and market needs.
- Aim for the stars during goal setting and keep continuous improvement top of mind whether it be for personal development or process enhancement.
- Identify suspicious activities and unusual patterns that could result in fraud including but not limited to AML issues and activities reported by other staff members.
- Contact customers and banking institutions to verify legitimate transactions and payment information.
- Communicate effectively, showing respect, genuine empathy, and care
- Properly document all interactions and findings via the organization’s tools and platforms.
- Be data driven when presenting feedback and recommendations.
- Take inbound and outbound calls to request additional documents for KYC, compliance, and/or to mitigate risk behavior.
- Serve as backup support for the Customer Service team when needed.
- Answer transferred calls from the Customer Service team regarding transactions currently on review or those that resulted in customer dissatisfaction due to the review process.
- Provide critical support as needed to handle escalations and process Risk Reviews.
- Partner and collaborate effectively with the rest of the Customer Success and Risk Operation Teams.
- Contribute and participate in continuous improvement projects aimed at improving operational processes.
What Qualifications You Should Have:
- Must hold at least High School Diploma
- At least one (1) year of working experience in Risk Management or related fields such as E-Commerce, Fraud Prevention, Quality Control, Retail (process payments, debit cards, credit cards, reimbursements, disputes.), Tech Support or BPO (preferably under a Financial account)
- Advanced French speaking and writing skills
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Spanish, French, and English languages. Other additional languages will be a plus (Portuguese, German, Russian, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties with high accuracy and strong degree of urgency with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Amenable to work onsite and during unconventional hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Demonstrates flexibility to work overtime based on business needs
- Typing proficiency of at least 30 words per minute
- Process improvement and documentation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance, Business or related field
- Six Sigma Certification: Yellow Belt
Something looks off?