Analytics Engineer II
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Reconciliation Insights and Analytics team builds important financial products and tools that ensure the accuracy and completeness of our financial data. We focus on analyzing and detecting data discrepancies, improving customer experience, and delivering business insight. Our data supports data consumers like Accounting, Treasury, Finance, and Customer Success. You will report to BI Manager, Insights & Analytics.
- Work with teams to understand requirements and ensure that data solutions align with Remitly's goals
- Develop data dictionaries, data models, and other documentation to support the Reconciliation cash flow dataset data infrastructure
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of Reconciliation cash flow dataset across all reporting systems, resolving data quality issues
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to develop data pipelines and ETL processes that ensure efficient data ingestion and processing
- Monitor and analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies, providing recommendations to inform decisions
- Communicate complex data insights and technical information to non-technical partners, both verbally and through data visualizations
- Design end-to-end BI solutions that allow partners to analyze the cash flow dataset, identify new opportunities, and improve cash flow operations.
- Identifies ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality of data management required for building BI applications and reports.
- 5+ years as an analytics engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of logging, error handling, and familiarity with CI/CD concepts.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience in dimensional data modeling, ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Expert in SQL, git, and a programming language (ie Python, Java, etc)
- Experience with Airflow, Snowflake/Redshift, Spark
- Experience with analytical model development and deployment processes
- Familiarity with AWS products and services
- You live our cultural values
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.