Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do.
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant prepares journal entries, reconciles and maintains sub-ledgers to general ledgers, including investigation and resolution of discrepancies, analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes; and prepares monthly activity reports for the assigned accounts and subsidiaries of Remitly.
This Senior Accountant will have these primary responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations Accounting
- Regular bookkeeping which include but is not limited to bank reconciliations, accruals, amortization of prepayments and payroll entries, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare and update subsidiary ledgers supporting each account in the financial statements.
- Analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes; and
- Prepare monthly activity reports as assigned.
- Tax, Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare, file and pay tax returns and other requirements by the assigned subsidiary’s Tax Authority.
- Coordinate with the auditors on the financial, tax or any type of audits by preparing all the audit requirements, and assists in the completion, release and filing of the financial statements as required by various regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the annual renewal of business licenses in coordination with respective departments such as Facilities, Compliance and/or Treasury.
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Assist with initial internal control evaluations
- Assisting with project and product launches
- Research and document accounting issues in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
- Records management and retention of all Finance documents
- Assist or direct less experienced peers in their duties.
- Other tasks may be required.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.