Backend Infra Team Lead
Join a winning, innovation-driven team that plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion and equal opportunities for all. Remitly Israel (formerly Rewire) is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants.
At Remitly, we push forward and aim for the stars. We hire top talents and invest in promoting their career by providing opportunities, challenges, and a great work environment that places an important emphasis on work-life balance.
As an infra team lead, you will have the opportunity to build innovative products that affect our customers’ lives directly, lead and mentor a team of talented engineers, and build top-notch consumer-facing applications for hundreds of thousands of users using the most advanced technologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Software Infrastructure Team Lead to join our R&D team in order to keep building out our products and services to support new and exciting functionalities.
What you will get:
Scale and Challenging position - Work on a highly available complex cloud-native application, which is used by millions of customers globally, handling millions of transactions every month.
Getting into the Fintech industry - You will get the opportunity to gain deep knowledge in the Fintech industry including payments, banking systems, fraud, and much more.
Sharpen your management skills - Working with our strong leaders you will have the opportunity to sharpen your skills, such as developing, debugging, monitoring, planning, agile and cross-team collaboration.
Leading a team of A-players - The team you are going to lead consists of strong engineers, hence you will be able to leverage and improve your technical skills as well.
And most important purpose - Get rewarded by developing a product for real people who brings them one step forward to financial inclusion.
- Lead our cloud operation, monitoring, and development of tools. In addition to the integration of modern OSS tools.
- Take ownership of our architecture and security efforts.
- Lead our CI/CD pipelines for our cloud, web, and mobile applications.
- Take ownership of the data infrastructure and keep improving its readiness to scale
- Lead a team of skilled software and security engineers who are working on building our infrastructure.
- Define and track the KPIs of the team to improve our uptime, and performance and build systems stability.
- Planning, building, and maintaining highly available financial services while taking into account high data integrity and security standards.
- Drive and maintain high engineering standards, for execution, code quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Working with multiple cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Cloudflare
- BSc. in computer science/software engineering from a high-end university or comparable experience from a well-known technology unit
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building and maintaining large-scale highly available cloud production infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in managing and mentoring a team of Software, Devops, or Site Reliability engineers.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, and complex production environments while keeping data integrity
- Deep knowledge of backend languages such as Python, Node.js, Go, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in IAC tools
- Good understanding of security principles and experience with relevant tools and products
- Experience in managing both SQL and NoSQL databases, and message brokers such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- People person - being able to lead a team of engineers and mentor them to grow and fulfill their career goals
- Experience with large-scale systems in a production environment running on cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and CI/CD tools such as GitHub actions, Jenkins, or GitLab CI.
- Experience in modern observability/monitoring systems and incident management tools.
- Good understanding in performance measurements and tuning
- Have a startup mindset - move fast, take ownership, and strive for success.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.