Senior Backend Engineer
Join a winning, innovation-driven team that plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion and equal opportunities for all. Remitly Israel (formerly Rewire) is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants.
At Remitly, we push forward and aim for the stars. We hire top talents and invest in promoting their career by providing opportunities, challenges, and a great work environment that places an important emphasis on work-life balance.
As a backend engineer at Remitly Tel Aviv, you will have the opportunity to build innovative products that affect our customers’ lives directly, lead and mentor a team of talented engineers, and build top-notch consumer-facing applications for hundreds of thousands of users using the most advanced technologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Software Engineer to join our R&D team in order to keep building out our products and services to support new and exciting functionalities.
What you will get:
Scale and Challenge - Work on a highly available, complex and cloud-native application that is used by millions of customers globally, handling millions of transactions every month.
The Fintech industry - An opportunity to gain deep knowledge in the Fintech industry including payments, accounting, banking systems, fraud, compliance, and much more.
Sharpen your skills - Build your craftsmanship. You will design, build and deploy complex features in an agile environment (we are investing in our scrum process) while getting mentored by our principal engineers and team leads.
Be part of an A-players team - The team you are going to join consists of strong engineers, hence you will be able to leverage and improve your technical skills and grow as an engineer. Providing the right environment for our team members to grow is a core value of ours.
Purpose - Feel rewarded for developing a product for real people which brings them one step forward to financial inclusion.
- Building a performant and scalable system that will serve more than a million monthly customers, with minimal computing requirements.
- Building and maintaining highly available financial services, while taking into account high data integrity and security standards. You will have the opportunity to build our next generation of products from scratch.
- Creating complex core business logic and flows.
- Responsible for all aspects of software development - from technologies to security, scalability, and reliability.
- As a backend engineer, you will focus on resilient distributed systems, which have to comply with strict performance and data integrity standards
- 5+ years of experience in building and delivering production code.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience building web servers using Node.js, Python, or Go.
- Deep knowledge of API standards such as REST, GraphQL, gRPC, etc.
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Utilizing TDD methodologies.
- Great communication skills.
- Team player who is eager to work in a fast-paced and results-driven environment and solve complex problems.
- Enthusiastic about building consumer-facing products with great experience, as a backend engineer you have accountability on performance and error flows.
- Experience building client applications using React.js / React Native or equivalent technologies - A big plus.
- A proactive person with a keen eye for details, who constantly wants to improve the system and grow
- Experience with developing financial products
- Experience in running, debugging, and maintaining a large scale production environment
- Deep knowledge of security concepts and implemented compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and DevOps concepts such as gitops, deployment methodologies, and frameworks.
- Experience with Prometheus
- Working on a B2C product using data-driven methodologies and analytics tools
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.