Manager - Technical Accounting & Special Projects (Seattle or US Remote)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a knowledgeable problem-solver to join Remitly Finance, to provide deep technical accounting expertise for new initiatives. We are looking for someone who is excited to solve complex problems in a high-impact role with an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth mission-focused company.
You will report to our Director of Technical Accounting & Special Projects under our CAO organization and work across our global accounting team, teaming with our business partners to solve complex accounting issues and provide solutions to support our ability to operationalize the accounting requirements for new initiatives and strategic projects.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and assess the accounting for new initiatives and other strategic projects, including items such as: revenue recognition for new services and initiatives, acquisitions and integrations, foreign currency analysis, share-based compensation, and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Partner with business teams to review contracts and proposed initiatives to evaluate the accounting impact and inform strategic decisions of the business.
- Support the research, analysis, and conclusions for complex technical accounting issues, including the preparation of accounting memos and policies.
- Support our accounting operations teams to ensure appropriate application of US GAAP to our accounting processes, including the enhancement of existing policies related to higher-risk financial statement accounts.
- Monitor and implement new accounting standards and SEC regulations.
- Ensure operating effectiveness of controls over financial reporting related to the above projects.
- Support cross-functional finance projects to operationalize new initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Enjoy analyzing complex accounting topics (typically under US GAAP) and partnering with business teams to make an impact.
- Proficient in writing analytical accounting whitepapers/memos to support positions.
- Ability to analyze data sets and system outputs to assess the accounting implications at the operational level.
- Excellent project management skills, including prioritization and responsiveness across a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to remain agile to changing and growing business needs.
- Experience delivering communications and findings to higher-level team members.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience in an accounting or similar role.
- Public accounting experience (3+ years) highly preferred.
- Public company experience in a similar role is a plus, but not required.
- CPA required.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Compensation Details: The starting base salary range for this position is typically $113,700 - $142,100. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.