Senior Facilities Coordinator
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
As the Remitly Senior Facilities Coordinator, you will be accountable for the setup, ongoing operations and expansion of our corporate office in Krakow, Poland. This role is part of a global facility team and you will collaborate with and contribute to its operational and strategic objectives. This leader will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all services for the assigned client buildings, ensuring that all vendor service levels are maintained and that KPI targets are met.
Facilities responsibilities include managing the physical site, security, and related vendors. Expansion responsibilities include managing local projects designed to broaden Remitly Operations’ capabilities. In addition, you will be accountable for procurement, Health and Safety and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and execution of these activities and will report to the European Facility Manager. To be successful, you will need to work well with cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a high degree of ownership who is proactive in identifying strategic and creative opportunities and brings a can-do attitude to their work.
- Drive roadmaps and planning, including renovations, expansion, and relocations.
- Project manage facilities and capabilities expansion initiatives, locally, regionally and globally.
- Assist the EU Facilities Manager with managing regional programs that could include but are not limited to: Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, Health and Safety, Ergonomics and Security.
- Accountable for Health and Safety and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and execution on site, working with third party vendors as required, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure completion of facilities and equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Collaborate with internal partners to optimize seating arrangements and space planning utilization.
- Oversee property management services, as well as non-IT related vendor contracts and relationships.
- Engage in discussions and positive working relationships with building management, when required, escalate any emergencies connected to the building or equipment.
- Work with internal partners and leadership to create and improve facility-related processes and procedures.
- Source third party contractors to ensure that all direct or non-direct services are maintained in accordance with statutory compliance and best practice.
- Evaluate, acquire and manage vendors for core services such as security, housekeeping, and transportation.
- Accountable for procurement and facilities operating budget, as well as identify and drive opportunities for ongoing cost reduction.
- Partner with Finance, IT, HR and leadership to create and manage the equipment procurement process where applicable.
- Be a positive, joyful influence within Global Facilities and Remitly as a whole.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organization to meet business objectives of the global organization.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years’ service experience in facilities or property management, corporate services or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience working with property management, service vendors and commercial facility builders.
- 2+ years of proven project management experience with medium-to-large initiatives.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and managing budgets, contract management, and purchasing.
- Knowledge of leases, space planning and office moves, to meet the business needs.
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and responsively under deadline.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Nice to have:
- Safety officer and first-aid training/certification
- Experience in Finance, Accounting and Procurement
- PMP Certification
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree work
- Equity in the company - RSUs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Unlimited paid time off, subject to approval
- min. 26 days paid holidays + additional company's days off
- Hybrid or remote work arrangements with an office in a Kraków City Centre
- Commuting to work expense/remote work expenses reimbursement
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP for employee and family
- Life Insurance
- Travel insurance for employee and family
- Sodexo Lunch Card/Multisport
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Mental health program for employee and their dependents
- Family planning program
- Employee Pension Plan (PPK)
- Headphones Reimbursement
- Referral bonus scheme
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.