Risk & SOX Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. You can now join a winning, innovation-driven team that plays an important role in promoting financial inclusion and equal opportunities for all.
The team in Israel pushes forward and aims for the stars. We hire top talents and invest in promoting their career by providing opportunities, challenges, and a great work environment that places an important emphasis on work-life balance.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Risk & SOX Manager to join our finance team in Israel. This newly established role will play a crucial part in shaping and fortifying our risk management and compliance processes.
As part of this role you will be responsible for 2 main fields :
- Help manage and set strategy for us and maintain a strong theoretical and technical understanding of third-party risk, fraud and embezzlement, market risks, information technology, privacy rules, safeguarding, information security, and other operational risks.
- Maintain and develop the risk monitoring program and remediation work.
- Help manage and set strategy of the business continuity policy.
- Mitigate threats by developing risk maps, strategies and keeping track of risk mitigation effort
- Produce and distribute risk assessments and progress reports to the risk committee, executive, board members and other partners.
- Advise the Board and Senior Management of risks to which the company, its representatives, customers and businesses might be exposed.
- Build risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training
- Assistance in overall SOX project management (follow-ups, coordination, internal communications, collaborating with external consultants).
- Scope analysis – to identify and assess areas of business risks and define SOX business and IT scope accordingly.
- Develop and maintain SOX processes documentation (flowcharts & RCMs)
- Perform walkthrough with process owners to ensure completeness and adequacy of internal controls.
- Support testing process (follow-up, SOX system support) with team members, external consultants, and auditors.
- BA in relevant fields (Economy, Business management, Accounting, Industrial eng. etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in Risk management roles
- Experience in SOX regulations
- Previous experience in financial service industry- Advantage
- Independent worker, owner, know how to manage process from A to Z
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in English - Written and Verbal.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.