Director, Risk Analytics
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
Identity verification, regulatory compliance, and fraud prevention play a critical role in enabling financial inclusion and ensuring that every individual can safely and securely access affordable, high-quality financial services. Our Risk Product team builds our Payments Fraud, Consumer Fraud (Scam), Identity Verification, Watchlist Screening, and Unwanted Activity/Anti Money Laundering (AML) platforms. Our objective is to keep bad actors out of our systems, while still providing simple and easy to use experiences for our customers.
As a Director of Risk Analytics in Remitly's Risk Product team, you'll improve the user experience for our customers by inventing step-function enhancements to our systems. Your role is to manage a team of analysts and data scientists to improve decision making in our products for the risk scenarios mentioned above. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical approach, and you will play a crucial role in our mission of serving customers with data driven techniques!
In your role, you will hire and develop a team of data analysts and managers, supporting and coaching them to improve our business in areas like: (i) implementing new decisioning techniques, (ii) writing business case proposals and instrumenting metrics to steer our product work, and (iii) making changes to our rules and risk thresholds. You will bring judgment from experience in trust, payments, or risk management to your work every day to respond to changing attacks and minimize impact on good customers. You will work in our Seattle office, report directly to the VP of Risk Product, and be a member of the senior leadership team for this critical space at Remitly.
- Hire and develop a great team (both managers and principal ICs), supporting the individual growth of your team members through active coaching and constructively direct feedback.
- Develop an understanding of our customer segments globally for building tailored risk experiences.
- Develop durable metrics that guide how we run the Risk programs.
- Create strategic plans, prioritize, and manage analytics programs; lead across departments and become a subject matter expert.
- Facilitate brainstorming and oversee the execution of exploratory and causal analyses, models, and narratives.
- Create frameworks and tools that extend analytics work product into the hands of non-analysts (data apps).
- Manage existing solutions, responding to changing attacks and risk vectors.
- 12+ years of experience in data analytics
- 5+ years experience leading teams
- Technically conversant in Python, R, or an object-oriented programming language and SQL
- Experience with experimental design, hypothesis testing, causal inference, and analysis of unstructured problems
- Experience leading the research and application of machine learning technologies
- Strength in building partnerships with engineers, product managers, program managers, designers and business managers to achieve customer outcomes.
- Experience simplifying complex ideas and methodologies in writing for a variety of different audiences
- Demonstrated ability in managing data analysts, including individual contributors and managers
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $176,000-$220,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.