Data Scientist II, Fraud
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
In this role, you will focus on designing & experimenting with new features to improve our ability to detect fraud and reduce the customer friction from our efforts to mitigate fraud. Feature work is imperative to improve the scoring performance of our proprietary fraud models and to better account for shifting fraud patterns. You will work closely with other data scientists, product analysts, MLEs & SDEs, along with fraud program & product managers. This role will also focus on how both new/existing features may be better leveraged to optimize the performance of our system.
- Deliver written business analysis with clear reasoning and actionable conclusions
- Scope engineering requirements for developing new fraud scoring features
- Solve problems at scale by building reproducible analyses and designing modules in Python
- Make tradeoffs between fraud losses and customer friction
- 5+ years experience (3+ with masters/PhD)
- 5+ years experience using SQL and Python for analysis
- Degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or other quantitative fields. Master's degree in a similar field is preferred.
- You can start from a white space problem, develop hypotheses, build analytical frameworks, write effectively to drive decisions
- You communicate decisions across both individual contributors and leadership. You can state and defend your decision making process
- You are scrappy, creative, and think of creative solutions in a constrained environment.
- You possess and display a high degree of ownership.
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $108,560-$135,700. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Remitly is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.