Business Systems Analyst, Finance Systems
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Role and Responsibilities
- Be the go-to Business Systems Analyst for NetSuite responsible for scoping, planning, eliciting requirements (business and system requirements, integration, data migration) including staying abreast of new functionality released that can improve business processes.
- Assesses current system utilization; Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors support teams to resolve issues as needed.Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Use a consultative approach with partners to build business capability matrices and system scalability measures for Finance system portfolio.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify system and process improvements, deliver business and technical requirements with business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, and user acceptance tests. Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Be a liaison between the finance team and system implementation partners by driving quality output and deliverables per SOW within timelines.
- Identify and connect with partners, risk identification and mitigation, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement and execute compliance processes for SOX, GDPR etc.
- Manages NetSuite SaaS Upgrade releases including develop and maintain technical documentation, lead communication for features released in SaaS upgrades and conduct end-user training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Financial business processes, including but not limited to : Accounting, AR, AP, GL, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Asset Management, Intercompany Management and Billing.
- Hands on with ERP configuration, Workflow design and connecting systems
- Experience managing vendor relationships and assisting with the software selection process.
- Strong attention to detail, results oriented.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Experience interfacing with executives or senior leadership
Nice to have
- Experience administering NetSuite.
- Experience in building data integration between accounting systems and their peripheral systems.
- Experience with master data integration.
- Experience in Developer tools will be an added advantage: Suite Builder, Suite Flow, Suite Analytics, Suite Script, Suite Talk, Suite Bundler
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication
Perks and Benefits at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Support program for employee’s self-development and well-being
- Healthy lunches are prepared on-site daily in our SmartKitchen, located in our West Office building. You can even see the cooks at work!
- Need a pick-me-up? Stop by ChikyuCoffee, our in-house coffee shop located in both the East and West Office buildings, and get a cup of gourmet coffee, espresso-based beverage, or other seasonal drink!
- SmartNews provides all healthcare and social insurance benefits required by Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
For candidates who meet eligibility requirements, SmartNews can sponsor visas.
To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider.