(Senior) In-House Lawyer
By offering expert legal guidance, ensuring compliance, and mitigating risks, we add value by protecting the company's interests, enhancing decision-making, and fostering a secure and legally responsible environment for sustained growth.
- Handle legal-related questions, specifically in corporate matters, from group members
- Advise the business and management on legal and regulatory issues
- Support other divisions and team members in projects from a legal standpoint
- Establish company-wide policies, including privacy policies and internal policies
- Track and provide guidance on the impact of legal and regulatory changes
- Review and ensure legal compliance within the Company
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements and documentation related to the Company's business
- Instruct and collaborate with external law firms and counsel as required
- Qualified as a lawyer (弁護士) in Japan
- 3+ years post-graduation experience
- Background in corporate law with law firms or as an in-house counsel
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in business level English
Nice to have requirements:
- Experience as an in-house lawyer in fast-paced, dynamic startup/technology environments
- Deep knowledge and expertise in data compliance matters
- Specialization in copyrights matters
- Proven track record in handling M&A transactions and fundraising matters
Perks and Benefits at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
Support program for employee’s self-development and well-being
Healthy lunches are prepared on-site daily in our SmartKitchen. You can even see the cooks at work!
Need a pick-me-up? Stop by ChikyuCoffee, our in-house coffee shop and get a cup of gourmet coffee, espresso-based beverage, or other seasonal drink!
SmartNews provides all healthcare and social insurance benefits required by Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
For candidates who meet eligibility requirements, SmartNews can sponsor visas.
To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider.