Business Marketing Manager (Japan Based)
You have demonstrated business marketing experience developing and managing innovative campaigns that drive new customer acquisition. As an experienced performance marketer, you have an excellent understanding of the Japanese digital ads ecosystem and understand our target advertising customer and how to reach them. You are comfortable owning an acquisition target, working closely with sales and optimizing programs to drive high quality customers to SmartNews.
- Drive direct mid-market plus advertiser acquisition activities.
- Own the acquisition marketing pipeline and related OKRs.
- Embed deeply with direct sales leadership to grow direct advertiser business.
- Own marketing channels and external partnerships that deliver new advertisers.
- Help craft an effective “SmartNews for advertisers” brand presence to drive awareness and fill the top of the funnel
- As the primary driver of customer acquisition for the mid-market direct sales team, this role is critical to the success of SmartNews growth strategy.
- Lead all aspects of lower funnel acquisition marketing activities.
- Own new business acquisition OKRs and supporting KPIs
- Partner closely with your marketing team members to develop overall strategy to drive awareness of SmartNews ads solutions that fill the sales pipeline with potential advertisers.
- Develop and manage outbound partnerships focused on growing MQL volume and delivering new advertisers to SmartNews.
- Work closely with sales leadership to optimize the leads and opportunity pipeline.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual targets for leads, MQL, SQL, and opportunities.
- Identify and scale outbound/inbound and prospecting channels and vendors.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Japanese digital ads ecosystem, with a strong understanding of the agency business and how to nurture and acquire advertiser relationships directly or via agency.
- Strong performance marketing background.
- 7+ years of relevant performance or ads business marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to execute marketing programs that drive new business.
Nice to Have
- Experience at a leading Japanese ads platform
- English language proficiency
- Solid understanding of B2B ads marketing across many functions, both digital and offline
Benefits available at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Lunch and snacks prepared daily in our on-site kitchen facility
- In-office coffee stand offering single-origin coffees, espresso-based beverages, teas, and other seasonal drinks
- SmartSelect, our support program for employee self-development, well-being, and productivity
- All healthcare and social insurance required by the Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
- Work visa sponsorship is available for candidates who meet eligibility requirements
- To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider