Executive Assistant (Japan Leadership Member)
As an Executive Assistant at SmartNews, you will work directly with JP Executives (C-level executives andDivision Heads) and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties including scheduling and travel arrangements. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced startup environment. You should be extremely flexible, ready to tackle new challenges, comfortable working in a startup environment, and a great team player eager to collaborate and innovate within the industry.
Expected roles and responsibilities are as follows.
- Daily assistant duties and travel arrangements for the Executives and related teams who travel to our US, Japan, China, Singapore, and other countries’ offices which open in the future.
- Internal and external meeting arrangements
- Schedule, and sometimes attend, important meetings to better understand the needs and background of the meetings
- Collaborate with other assistants globally to plan and execute logistics of Executive meetings and management offsites
- Support the coordination and internal communication of each Division’s meetings
- Analysis and research to support making presentations.
- Other supports to executives which is ordered by the company
Minimum Requirement (必須要件）
- 3+ years of executive assistant experience
- Must have expertise in Google Docs, MS Excel, Word, PPT and other necessary software for managing tasks, and making presentation materials
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to communicate seamlessly with any and all stakeholders
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to independently manage outcomes
- Able to handle confidential management information and be trustworthy
- Be available on holidays/weekends when necessary
- Good at Critical Thinking and prepare things with MECE way
- Native level proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking of Japanese language
- Professional-level proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking of English language
- Bi-cultural background between US and Asia.
Preferred Requirement (歓迎要件）
- Startup and international experience
- Interest in diverse cultures
- Business travel internationally
- Alignment with our company’s mission and core values
Perks and Benefits at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Support program for employee’s self-development and well-being
- Healthy lunches are prepared on-site daily in our SmartKitchen, located in our West Office building. You can even see the cooks at work!
- Need a pick-me-up? Stop by ChikyuCoffee, our in-house coffee shop located in both the East and West Office buildings, and get a cup of gourmet coffee, espresso-based beverage, or other seasonal drink!
- SmartNews provides all healthcare and social insurance benefits required by Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
- For candidates who meet eligibility requirements, SmartNews can sponsor visas.
- To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider.