Business Systems Analyst, Sales & Marketing Systems
SmartNews is a global leader in redefining information and news discovery, committed to providing users with accurate, timely information and supporting quality journalism.
We combine the power of our unique machine-learning technology with the expertise of our first-rate editorial team to bring news that matters to millions of users from our over 3,000 global publishing partners.
Founded in 2012 in Tokyo, Japan, SmartNews has offices in Tokyo, San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore.
Our Business Systems Team is integral to our organization's success, collaborating closely with Sales, Marketing, CRM, and Partnering teams to establish project foundations, including problem definition and objectives. As a Business Systems Analyst for Salesforce and CRM, this role involves scoping, planning, eliciting requirements, providing support, and ensuring excellence in Salesforce and related applications.
What you'll be doing
- Partner closely with the Sales, Marketing, CRM and Partnering teams to build a foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Be the go-to Business Systems Analyst for Salesforce, CRM. Responsible for scoping, planning, eliciting requirements (business and system requirements, integration, data migration) including staying abreast of new functionality released that can improve business processes.
- Provides first level support for issues and troubleshoots solutions as needed.
- Provide technical and functional support, gain expertise and serve as a SME across salesforce and other relevant applications.
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Assesses current system utilization; Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors support teams to resolve issues as needed.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Use a consultative approach with partners to build business capability matrices and system scalability measures for salesforce, marketo applications portfolio.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify system and process improvements, deliver business and technical requirements with business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, and user acceptance tests. Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Be a liaison between the business, operations teams and system implementation partners by driving quality output and deliverables per SOW within timelines.
- Identify and connect with partners, risk identification and mitigation, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement and execute compliance processes for SOX, GDPR etc.
- Manages upgrade, new features releases including develop and maintain technical documentation, lead communication for features released in SaaS upgrades and conduct end-user training
- 5+ years of Salesforce experience in an Enterprise IT environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- End to end implementation experience including requirements documentation, systems configuration, project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication in Japanese. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, results oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of Jira, Agile methodology tools.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization
Nice to have experience
- Salesforce Admin Certification Preferred
- English language business level is good.
- Experience in building data integration between accounting systems and their peripheral systems.
- Experience with master data integration.
- Experience in Developer tools will be an added advantage: Suite Builder, Suite Flow, Suite Analytics, Suite Script, Suite Talk, Suite Bundler
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication
Benefits available at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Lunch and snacks prepared daily in our on-site kitchen facility
- In-office coffee stand offering single-origin coffees, espresso-based beverages, teas, and other seasonal drinks
- SmartSelect, our support program for employee self-development, well-being, and productivity
- All healthcare and social insurance required by the Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
Work visa sponsorship is available for candidates who meet eligibility requirements
To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider