Corporate Governance Lead
You are a professional with experience across a variety of corporate projects. Your expertise lies in streamlining frameworks and management cycles while implementing robust corporate systems. Thriving in dynamic environments, you bring a holistic approach to problem-solving. Your well-rounded skill set positions you perfectly for contributing to efficient, compliant operations and long-term organizational success.
About the Role
- Governance and Compliance: Develop, maintain, and update a comprehensive corporate governance framework, ensuring compliance with regulations like Company Law and the SOX Act. Facilitate key meetings such as Board of Directors and Shareholders' Meetings.
- Management Efficiency: Drive and refine the management cycle to meet business goals efficiently. Coordinate schedules for management-related meetings and company-wide events.
- Workflow Design and Optimization: Design and operate corporate administrative workflow and system to support governance and operational efficiency. Implement workflow improvements and system integrations as needed.
- Subsidiary Oversight: Manage overall corporate administration for subsidiaries, including refinement of structure, rules, and decision-making processes, while providing operational support as needed.
- Special Projects: Lead non-routine corporate initiatives including establishing new subsidiaries, managing global tax strategies, and overseeing IPO-related activities, if applicable.
- Managing the corporate administrative operation at a global/tech company (at least three years of experience in a growing company of 500-1000 employees) to enhance corporate governance
- Leading BPR (Business Process Reengineering) project
- Expertise in either Company Law, Financial accounting, Management accounting or Tax
- Language skills - English and Japanese must both be at Business level
Nice to have experience
- Leading multiple projects in a consulting firm, such as PMO (Project Management Office) projects and/or the projects for the transformation of client decision-making structures.
- Directly collaborating with the management members on matters related to company governance (in a growing company of 500-1000 employees)
- Managing Board Meeting and/or Shareholders Meeting
- Building administrative operations with SaaS, RPA, or other systems
Benefits available at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Lunch and snacks prepared daily in our on-site kitchen facility
- In-office coffee stand offering single-origin coffees, espresso-based beverages, teas, and other seasonal drinks
- SmartSelect, our support program for employee self-development, well-being, and productivity
- All healthcare and social insurance required by the Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
- Work visa sponsorship is available for candidates who meet eligibility requirements
- To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider