Business Program Manager
Founded in Tokyo in 2012, SmartNews has quickly become the go-to source of news for millions of users around the world, and a leading news aggregation mobile app. Our mission is bigger than simply aggregating news, and we are working to break through the filter bubble and deliver the world’s quality information to the people who need it.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team to implement strategies and programs that promote trust and safety while maintaining business objectives. You will be responsible for building an excellent team, strong operations and mechanism, focusing on scalability and integrity. You will be requested to oversee programs that ensure the quality and efficiency in operation for multiple smartnews products to re-design the operation workflow for efficiency and scale it. Sometimes you will design a new operation from scratch to launch a new product and service.
You will mainly manage the following tasks for Ad Quality mainly for the JP market and gradually expand the scope for the US market but not limited to. You will also drive impact as a player to contribute to the acceleration of our business.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams to establish policies and strategies that balance user safety and business objectives.
- Identifying areas for improvement in the existing ad quality review operation workflow or moderation platform and developing mitigation plans for scale. Managing end-to-end processes and improving tools & processes with the ad product and engineering team.
- Designing and Building ad review operation processes from scratch based on product phase. Implement new tools into operation as needed.
- Organizing and working as a bridge between multiple stakeholders and lead proactive collaboration with Operation, TPM, Policy, Engineering, Product and Sales.
- Staying up to date with industry trends and best practices related to trust and safety.
Ideal candidate would have a growth mindset, tech savvy, strong analytical and coordination skills.
- Experience in Ads review/Content moderation or Quality Assurance
- Experience in building new operations from scratch
- Experience in managing quality control program
- Experience in leading and achieving KPI improvements throughout the year
- Experience in collaborating with product/engineer team for tool & process development
- Ability to facilitate information from stakeholders, estimate impact, and prioritize task
- Deep knowledge of ad delivery system including ad network
- Native level English, Native level Japanese
Benefits available at the SmartNews Tokyo Office
- Lunch and snacks prepared daily in our on-site kitchen facility
- In-office coffee stand offering single-origin coffees, espresso-based beverages, teas, and other seasonal drinks
- SmartSelect, our support program for employee self-development, well-being, and productivity
- All healthcare and social insurance required by the Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
- Work visa sponsorship is available for candidates who meet eligibility requirements
- To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, SmartNews partners with a travel service provider