Senior Counsel - Global Legal
SmartNews is a leading global information and news discovery company dedicated to delivering quality information to the people who need it. Thanks to our unique machine-learning technology and relationships with more than 3,000 global publisher partners, we provide news that matters to millions of users.
Founded in 2012 in Tokyo, SmartNews also has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, Shanghai, and Beijing. If you are someone who shares our vision and feels passionately about our mission, we encourage you to apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
By offering expert legal guidance, ensuring compliance, and mitigating risks, we add value by protecting the company's interests, enhancing decision-making, and fostering a secure and legally responsible environment for sustained growth.
- Handle legal-related questions, specifically in corporate matters, from group members
- Advise the business and management on legal and regulatory issues
- Support other divisions and team members in projects from a legal standpoint
- Establish company-wide policies, including privacy policies and internal policies
- Track and provide guidance on the impact of legal and regulatory changes
- Review and ensure legal compliance within the Company
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements and documentation related to the Company's business
- Instruct and collaborate with external law firms and counsel as required