(Fixed Term) Technical Writer
SmartNews is a global leader in redefining information and news discovery, committed to providing users with accurate, timely information and supporting quality journalism. We combine the power of our unique machine-learning technology with the expertise of our first-rate editorial team to bring news that matters to millions of users from our over 3,000 global publishing partners. Founded in 2012 in Tokyo, Japan, SmartNews has offices in Tokyo, San Francisco, Palo Alto, New York, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore.
Role and Responsibilities
About the Role
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as turning Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) and specification documents created by our product managers into instructional documentation that is easily understood by frontline sales teams and our external users, ensuring consistency in user interface languages, terminologies, and tones across our ads platform, and contribute to updating help centers and FAQs. Tech writers are a key link between engineers, product managers, product specialists and sales teams, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the SmartNews ads ecosystem.
If you are passionate about converting technical information into user-friendly content and ensuring consistency across different languages, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and play a key role in enhancing the user experience for our advertisers and end users.
- Create high-quality instructional documentation for both internal and external audiences.
- Turn technical Product Requirement Documents and specification documents into language that is clear, concise, and advertiser-friendly documents.
- Ensure that the instruction content is helpful for frontline sales teams, end users and external developers.
- Update and ensure consistency in user interface languages, terminologies, and tones across our ads management system.
- Work closely with product managers and specialists to ensure alignment between technical specifications and user-friendly language.
- Own the translation process and workflow, ensuring accuracy and consistency in translations across different cultures and languages, with a focus on Japan and the United States. Collaborate effectively with the owner of help centers to provide consistent and accurate content.)