Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We are growing fast, with our community of 73 million users in 17 countries. Together, we have saved more than 200 million meals from going to waste since we started - but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve
Too Good To Go is looking for a new Data Engineer to further enhance our existing data infrastructure. You will be a part of our platform team and will be based from our HQ in Copenhagen.
Our data stack consists of Airflow, Airbyte, Python, AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda, DBT, and we use Terraform to manage our infrastructure using GitOps principle.
You will be developing and maintaining our data infrastructure, using primarily AWS services, including data ingestion/export tools and our data warehouse. You will build and improve our CI/CD and monitoring systems, as well as support our analysts and analytics engineers in building efficient and scalable data pipelines.
You get to bring your own opinions and experience when it comes to the technology stack. We’ve kept the legacy systems to a minimum, so there is room to adapt and optimize.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- You have a background in building scalable and data-intensive applications, ideally on cloud infrastructure. If you haven't been called a Data Engineer before, your title might have been along the lines of Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or similar.
- You are familiar with modern Python
- You are fluent in SQL and you understand the internals of modern data warehouses (ideally Redshift)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, Docker (ideally on Kubernetes) and/or Terraform
- You have worked with Airflow
- Experience applying DevOps principles to data systems (DataOps)
- Some exposure to ML platforms is an advantage
- Event stream processing.
- AWS services; Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Redshift, OpenSearch, RDS
What We Have To Offer
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments, create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 90 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
How To Apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.