Care Team Lead
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis.
We are on a mission to change that - are you with us?
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 77 Million users, and more than 252 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our journey.
We’re looking for an exceptional and passionate Customer Care Team Lead to help us grow and develop our Global Care Team.
This role requires going to our Lisbon office 3 times per week. This position requires travelling to other European cities and the UK up to 6 times per year.
Reporting to the Associate Director of our Global Care department, you will coach and inspire a team of +10 Care Specialists in Portugal and the UK. Your task is to nurture an environment where your team members can take responsibility for their performance and personal development.
- You monitor and manage the workload and the performance of the Care team. You drive the results of your team members where everyone focuses on timely and effective responses to customer enquiries.
- You maintain the excellent quality of our customer service while inspiring and empowering our customers towards more sustainable behaviour to help us grow our mission.
- You drive the Care team dynamic and motivation.
- You are coordinated and aligned with the Associate Director of Care and other teams, to ensure customer feedback and issues are acknowledged and followed up on internally or with partners.
- You act as a Care Specialist yourself: answering enquiries over email, chat, SoMe and phone
- You are responsible for the recruitment in your team, acting as a Hiring Manager and working closely with the People & Culture department to ensure we onboard the best talent!
- You have previous experience in building and leading a team in Customer Care, Customer Service or Relationship Management. Some experience leading a team remotely will be a plus!
- You have relevant experience in customer service, preferably both in a B2C and B2B environment.
- You have full professional proficiency in English (C1). Being also fluent in Portuguese will be a big plus.
- You are based (or willing to relocate to Lisbon) and open to come to the office a few days per week!
- You are experienced in using different CRM tools.
- You think analytically and are solution-oriented. You are a clear and comprehensive communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the longer-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organized and can build structures and processes that meet business needs.
- Working somewhere where you can have a social and environmental impact is one of your absolute dreams. Sustainability is a great passion of yours and something that shines through in your professional and personal experiences.
- Previous experience working in a marketplace, a big platform, or the Food Industry will be a plus.
- We win together
- We raise the bar
- We keep it simple
- We build a legacy
- We care
Benefits & What we offer:
- 100% Employer paid Health Insurance, option to include your family with significant discounts.
- Time off: 5 additional holidays on top of the mandatory leave + 3 voluntary days.
- Parental Leave: 4 additional weeks on top of the mandatory parental leave, paid by the company.
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with more than 1350 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A vibrant office in Portugal, in the centre of Lisbon (dog friendly office)!
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- The application process consists of a short video call with Talent Acquisition, followed by an interview with the Hiring Manager, a case study and a final interview with the VP of Global Care.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer
Job Ref - #LI-CR1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.