Global Website Lead
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 77+ million registered users and 197,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 253+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 634,000 tonnes of CO2e!
We are now looking for a Global Website Product Lead who will bridge the gap between Tech and Marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering business objectives via our Website - which is to enhance our online presence. To achieve this you will own and oversee the development, maintenance and optimisation on a global scale that will shape Too Good To Go’s digital footprint, impact growth and increase our environmental impact.
Other responsibilities include:
- You will implement strategic initiatives that align our website presence with our overall vision and company objectives, delivering them on time and to a high standard.
- Coordinate and lead the launch of Too Good To Go’s new and improved website.
- Develop a detailed but concise project plan outlining timelines, deliverables and responsibilities related to the new website and other department objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional teams, and manage all major website projects, ensuring they reflect our range of product offerings and are delivered on time and to a high standard of quality.
- Actively participate in a Matrix organisation by directly managing a team of 3 (2 Frontend & 1 Backend Developer), whilst overseeing the UX creative resource who do not report to you, but impact your success greatly.
- Analyse and monitor the website's performance, traffic metrics, and user behaviour using analytics tools to identify areas of improvement, ways to optimise conversion rates and identify new and innovative ways to enhance user engagement.
- Identify best practices and ways to improve team happiness, without compromising on output, this may include briefing processes, resource planning and communication with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the wider IT department and security teams to implement necessary measures to protect our users’ data and prevent security breaches
The Ideal Candidate
- A degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, or a related field is highly advantageous.
- Proven experience in product ownership positions, or managing global websites, preferably within the food tech or related industry.
- Strong understanding of website development, UX/UI design, SEO, and analytics.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and website performance tools.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to make decisions based on website analytics and user behaviour.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, capable of motivating and guiding cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to convey strategies and results to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with conversion rate optimisation tools, artificial intelligence, automated reporting and HotJar would be a bonus
- Importantly, someone who has the desire to learn, who has an open mindset to problem-solving and a desire to experiment with new technologies and methodologies.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues who care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.