Stage - Operations Assistant
Too Good To Go
It's a 6 months internship, with a starting date at the beginning of January :)
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 78 million registered users and 189,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved over 224 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 560,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in Fast Company’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an Operations intern to join our superstar Manufacturing Team at Too Good To Go for 6 months in our office in Paris 🚀. As an intern you will have the chance to learn how supply chain works, from planning to logistics, contribute in daily operations and take part in the after-sales process.
Our recently launched “Magic Parcel” (Manufacturing) business is a transformative solution that enables food manufacturers to effectively reduce food waste while extracting value from surplus food. Through direct purchasing from food manufacturers, Too Good To Go carefully curates and assembles the purchased products into “Magic Parcels”, which are then offered to our users at a discount of ~50% off of original retail (including shipping costs). Sold through our existing B2C marketplace, consumers can have their parcel conveniently delivered to their doorstep, creating a surprise element as consumers unbox their Magic Parcel. Instead of allowing these products to go to waste, manufacturers significantly decrease their environmental impact, optimize their revenue by maximizing the value of saved food, and enhance product visibility in the market.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us as interns in the Operations and Supply department. This internship provides a valuable opportunity to gain practical experience in a professional setting while assisting with various tasks related to operations, production and after-sales functions. The intern will work closely with our team to support the efficient running of day-to-day operations.
Passion about saving food, sustainability, curiosity, innovation and willingness to learn are highly appreciated.
- Back-Office Activities: Assist with back-office tasks, including general administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, organizing files and maintaining communication with internal and external stakeholders. Provide support in drafting reports and presentations.
- Data Management: Assist in data collection, entry, and analysis. Help in maintaining databases, spreadsheets, and other relevant systems. Support in generating reports and assisting with data visualization as needed.
- Warehouse Management: Assist in the coordination of warehouse management processes. Help in managing daily supply availability, warehouse equipment and inventory.
- Production Management: Contribute to the production process of our Magic Parcels and monitor the production. Help in managing on-app box availability and monitor the demand.
- Insights Gathering: Contribute to analyzing after-sales performances and identify improvement opportunities.
- Market Research: Conduct research to identify potential food segments for the parcel business and industry trends. Analyze market data and competitor information to provide insights for business development strategies.
- Partners identification: Based on your research, assist in identifying potential food manufacturers. Conduct initial outreach, follow-up communications, and maintain lead tracking systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with data entry and management tools.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in all tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and openness to feedback.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- You are truly passionate about food waste and sustainability
- Perfect command of French (mother-tongue).
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- Flexible working schedule and hybrid working policy
How to apply:
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.