Too Good To Go
More than one third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste and we work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has expanded rapidly across Europe, the US, and Canada, with over 160 million meals saved across our 17 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We always want to raise the bar and that’s where you come in.
Your mission at Too Good to Go…
We are looking for an experienced leader to join Too Good to Go and support our local team in Canada. You will lead a team of 30+ passionate teammates across Independent Sales, Key Account Management and Partner Success to drive the business in Canada. You will have full P&L responsibility for the country and report to the VP Operations North America as part of the North America Leadership Team.
You are responsible for setting the commercial strategy for Canada, running daily operations, and ultimately delivering the strategy and P&L targets. Being an ambitious social impact company, we are looking for someone who can drive our business to the next level, including leading a high performing team, partnering with both large key accounts and independent stores and winning the hearts of the consumers through a strong brand.
In the role, you will…
- Own the P&L for the country and be responsible for developing the go to market strategy for Too Good To Go to grow in an efficient and responsible manner; identify opportunities to maximise growth while delivering bottom line results.
- Lead a country team composed of direct and indirect reporting lines across Key Account Management, Independent Sales, People & Culture, Marketing and Partner Success.
- Cascade global strategies to your country and help your teams translate them into concrete, tangible operating plans with clear KPIs and goals.
- Serve as the point of contact for your country internally at TGTG, but also externally to our partners, customers, and the media.
- Partner with the local and global Key Account teams to lead the sales and negotiation process with Key Accounts in your country.
- Demonstrate operational excellence in implementing global commercial processes and driving adoption of best practices within the local team; partner with the global functions to share local market learnings to help drive commercial excellence at TGTG.
- Bring ideas and best practices to TGTG and your country from your prior experience, the external market, and other countries within Too Good to Go.
- Support and challenge your team and peers to inspire them to be their best selves.
- Beyond scaling our business, you will be a visionary about our mission. Dreaming of a world with no food waste, you will carry on a strategic positioning to truly influence the overall ecosystem.
You meet the following requirements…
- Substantial experience as a Country Director/Manager, Managing Director/GM or Sales Director leading teams of at least 20+ people with a proven commercial mindset.
- Extensive experience as a manager of managers and leading through others.
- A track record of operating and leading in a high-growth organisation, with an ability to ruthlessly prioritise and adapt in a fast evolving environment.
- A strong data driven mindset and have a proven track record of using data to make better decisions in a fairly complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to cascade global strategies and clearly communicate how local operating plans & strategies tie to our broader mission.
- A track record of identifying, recruiting, and developing top talent; you identify team member skills and capabilities and put them in roles that enable them to shine by maximising their strengths and developing their opportunity areas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage underperforming team members through direct, transparent and honest conversations.
- Excellent negotiation skills and deep experience leading sales & key account negotiations (you will be the face of Too Good To Go in Canada and should be able to coach/support your Sales & Key Account Management team).
- Experience with performing in a global matrix organisation and understand how to obtain necessary support from global support functions.
- Experience in a digital business, preferably with a strong understanding of the dynamics of digital marketplaces.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required. French is a plus.
- Experience or a network in the food industry is a plus.
- A commitment to our values and to role modelling them both internally and externally.
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and growing).
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- 20 days vacation annually and a comprehensive benefits package
- Access to our matched hours volunteer program
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully check the role requirements and see our website and international media for an overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-RS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.