Care Team Lead - Fixed-Term
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis.
We are on a mission to change that - are you with us?
Our app connecting businesses with unsold food, and consumers willing to buy at a discounted rate has grown since 2016 to become the biggest in Europe, with over 81 Million users, and more than 272 million meals saved.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but we are just at the start of our journey.
We’re looking for an exceptional and passionate Customer Care Team Lead to help us grow and develop our Global Care Team. This role requires going to our Berlin office 4 times per week. This position is a fixed-term contract until August 2025, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Associate Director of our Global Care department, you will coach and inspire a team of up to 15 Care Specialists across various countries with a focus on DACH and Poland. Your task is to nurture an environment where your team members can take responsibility for their performance and personal development.
- You monitor and manage the workload and the performance of your team.
- You drive the results of your team members, where everyone focuses on timely and effective responses to customer enquiries.
- You maintain the excellent quality of our customer service while inspiring and empowering our customers towards more sustainable behaviour to help us grow our mission.
- You foster a dynamic work environment and make sure the Care team is motivated.
- You are aligned with the Associate Director of Care and other teams, to ensure customer feedback and issues are acknowledged and followed up on internally and/or with partners.
- You act as a Care Specialist yourself: answering enquiries over email, chat, Social media and phone.
- You are responsible for the recruitment in your team, acting as a Hiring Manager and working closely with the People & Culture department to ensure we onboard the best talent!
- You have previous experience in building and leading a team in Customer Care, Customer Service or Relationship Management.
- You have significant experience leading a team remotely.
- You bring relevant experience in customer service, preferably both in a B2C and B2B environment.
- You have full professional proficiency in English (C1) and German (C2).
- You are experienced in using a CRM tool.
- You think analytically and are solution-oriented.
- You are a first-class communicator and are able to draw on those skills to set the bar high and get team members to perform at their absolute best.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the longer-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organized and can build structures and processes that meet business needs.
- You are KPI and performance oriented and like to celebrate successes as a team.
- Sustainability is a great passion of yours and something that shines through in your professional and personal experiences.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- A beautiful, green office in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg
- 10 Too Good To Go vouchers (up to €5)
- €44 per month tax-free for fitness (Urban Sports Club) or shopping card (Edenred)
- Company pension planning
- Mental Health: Coaching sessions with the nilo-health app, plus a monthly mental health free afternoon
- Company pension scheme (Zuschuss zur betrieblichen Altersvorsorge)
- Our Shareback Program: 3 working days to be used for voluntary work in the food insecurity field
- Annual leave: 27 days (+Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)Annual leave: 27 days (+Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- And more!
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref - #LI-AS1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.