Senior DevOps Engineer
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 82 million registered users and 205,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 274+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 685,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go is looking for a new Senior DevOps Engineer to build and further enhance our highly scalable infrastructure by creating tooling, automating and improving reliability. You will be part of the Platform team working in our Copenhagen office.
Your mission will be building a secure and globally scalable infrastructure. What you help build will be used daily by our millions of users, our partners, and our internal business stakeholders.
You will be building and maintaining our infrastructure as code, enhancing our CI/CD process and creating tools to support our engineering teams.
You enjoy making sure that what we build is well tested and meets expectations on reliability and security at scale.
You get to bring your own opinions and experience when it comes to the technology stack. We’ve kept the legacy systems to a minimum, so there is room to adapt and optimize.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS: EKS, RDS, OpenSearch, Lambda, Redshift — all managed with Terraform.
We use Github Actions and Jenkins as part of our CI/CD process.
Prometheus, Grafana, and Graylog are used for monitoring and logging.
- You are technically curious, pragmatic, and a self starter.
- Deep knowledge of AWS services, Linux, and cloud platforms.
- In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management using GitOps principles.
- Experience with large traffic systems.
- Experience with a programming language (e.g., Python).
- Operated or implemented solutions with API’s for mobile apps, 3rd party systems, or similar.
- Experience working with Multi-node MySQL/Aurora, HA, Nginx, Terraform/Cloud Formation, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with log management and visualization.
- Experience with CI/CD services.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What We Have To Offer
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime.On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 90 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.