Associate Director of Independent Partners
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at a significantly reduced price. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 83 million registered users and 206.000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 276 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 690.000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re now looking for an exceptional Associate Director of Independent Partners to join Too Good To Go and become part of the Leadership team for Cluster North (Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway).
This role can be based out of any one of our Cluster markets (Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway).
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations (North), you will be responsible for driving performance, excellence and effectiveness across the Independent Partner function (know informally as “Indies” internally), made up of Sales and Partner Growth teams, across Cluster North countries, in close collaboration with Country Directors and their respective Heads of Independent Partners.
You will ensure the country teams are executing global best practices and initiatives, and hitting performance targets (adding new partners to the marketplace, retaining partners, and adding quality supply). You will partner with colleagues in Global Indies and Cluster Leadership to identify all possible areas for enhancing performance, growth and efficiency, and collaborate with leaders in the markets to implement new strategies, tactics, processes and talent plans as appropriate. You will be a key stakeholder to Global Indies Excellence projects, giving your feedback and inputs on initiatives that will drive Indies performance across the company.
This role requires masterful collaboration, stakeholder management and communication skills in order to maximise your impact through influence and partnership (rather than intervention).
- Develop an overall acquisition and retention strategy for Independent Partners for Cluster North, taking into account market maturity, size, segmentation, team productivity, and efficiency gains from Global projects.
- Drive implementation of best practices, including all programs from global functions, in all markets in the cluster.
- Identify best practices across the cluster and partner with the Global Indies team to incorporate into existing or develop new processes.
- Monitor performance across the cluster and within each market in our core KPIs.
- Partner with Country Directors and leaders in Independent Partner Sales and Growth to identify performance opportunities by exploring gaps on key metrics and targets.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the Heads of Independent Partners in the Cluster, as well as to Team Leads and exceptional talent we wish to retain and develop.
- Contribute to Talent Management by identifying and developing top Sales and Partner Growth talent, and aiding succession planning efforts.
- Act as a role model to employees in Independent Partners throughout the Cluster.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a proven Sales leader with a strong grasp of the core processes, metrics and capabilities needed to create a high performing team, as well as a passion for coaching, developing talent, and a strong desire to make a positive impact to our mission and our people.
Experience working in a matrix organisation, with developed capabilities in navigating complex structures and managing internal relationships, is highly sought after in this role.
- Substantial experience leading sales teams is a must, and you should also have experience in partner retention.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Substantial Salesforce experience and strong pipeline management expertise.
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves, adapt to changing circumstances, and also think about longer-term business implications and requirements.
- You bring an outside-in perspective.
- Past success in driving business growth across numerous markets is highly beneficial.
- Proven experience in a matrix organisation with indirect reporting lines is highly desirable.
- Coaching and training skills that enable you to get the best from those around you, from experienced sales leaders down to early career new joiners.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.