Commercial Operations Specialist
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 74 million registered users and 135,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 198 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 500,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional Commercial Operations Specialist to join the superstar team at Too Good To Go.
This position can be based in any of the European offices, but with a strong preference in Madrid.
As our Commercial Operations Specialist, you will have two main responsibilities. Firstly, you will be the go to person for all packaging tasks, ensuring our partners packaging needs are met by working with external packaging suppliers and distributors to enable smooth operations. Secondly, you will play a key part in delivering high-quality sales leads to countries in order for them to achieve their business goals and build the right sales funnels.
You will be part of our Global Commercial Operations team supporting 17 markets, and will report into the Global Commercial Operations Manager, based in London. You will join a team of Market Mapping Specialists and our Commercial Data Engineer
The role will be split as follows:
With responsibilities including:
- Monthly stock counting, invoice checking, and approval
- Tracking and reordering of Welcome Packages for new partners
- Updating and maintaining the Packaging Knowledge Hub
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of payment queries, transit issues and technical bugs to ensure smooth operations
- Managing and processing customer returns efficiently to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Training and communicating with local ShipHeroes (local TGTG packaging experts)
- Annual forecasting and quarterly reforecasting to ensure we do not run out of stock
- Preparing and submitting ‘Extended Producer Responsibility’ annual reports
- Contribute in packaging negotiations
- Help countries plan their lead list requirements
- Analyse, improve and clean lead databases for all countries.
- Scrape, qualify and organise sales leads in the food industry to ensure a smooth sales flow for our local sales teams.
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure adherence to our global standards and processes
- Implement and adopt continual process improvements and suggest new ways of working.
- You are task oriented, ‘hands on’ and willing to roll up your sleeves to achieve our goals
- You have a passion for accurate data and have a high attention to detail
- You are proactive, organised, and diligent
- You are intermediate in Excel or Google Sheets.
- You enjoy building internal and external stakeholder relationships
- You thrive on solving problems
- You are motivated by delivering high quality service to our customers
- You are a fast learner and capable of working with cross-functional teams and people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a big plus.
- You have a genuine passion for fighting food waste.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.