Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 40% of all food produced in the world is wasted and retailers lose between 1-3% of their annual sales due to food waste, all of this waste has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
The Retail Technologies teams at Too Good To Go are working on our new software solution, the Too Good To Go Platform, used directly by Retailers to track and redistribute surplus food seamlessly. This B2B app, connected to our consumer marketplace, helps stores better manage expiry dates by; detecting products that are about to expire, recommending what to do with them, and facilitating their redistribution (via discounting for in-store customers, donations to charities, or sales on the marketplace). This business app is already used by tens of thousands of store employees every day, and soon to be hundreds of thousands by the end of the year in several countries.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 83 million registered users and 207,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 278+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 696,000 tonnes of CO2e!
We are looking for Engineering Lead, to be a part of our Product Teams that define, build and deliver our product features. Working in a product team means you will work towards specific outcomes with the freedom and responsibility to figure out the best route to achieve them together with the other Engineers and Product members of the Team.
Your mission will be to help refine, design, implement, deliver and maintain various product features. You will be one of several developers, working as part of a multidisciplinary team and will bring your knowledge and expertise to the table.
As an Engineering Lead, it is your responsibility to ensure that the team delivers quality and maintainable international top-class products. As the Lead, you must facilitate productivity, by showing the way and developing your team through delegation and offering supportive growth.
You will be the main point of contact of the Product Manager, ensuring that the features defined by the Product Manager are perfectly translated into technical designs, and understood by the development team.
The Tech Stack
You will be leading a cross-functional product team, working with multiple Tech Stacks. Our backend team is a Django Application running on Python in Docker, a web Interface, and an Android App written in Kotlin.
- Manage a multidisciplinary Engineering Team
- Prepare the development of new features by writing technical specifications and designs, assigning tasks to team members and ensuring regular progression
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure efficient collaboration between tech and product teams.
- Ensures personal growth support for team members
- Navigate the team’s agile development processes with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Support the team in delivering their commitments by assisting with potential risks, how to provide transparent stakeholder management and communicating clearly.
- Strive to deliver international top-class products with maximum quality, maintainability and scalability.
The Ideal candidate
- You will have very deep knowledge in at least one of our tech stacks, however previous hands-on experience with several technologies is advantageous, as this will aid in guiding your team to design, break down and plan their work effectively.
- Have previously managed an Engineering Team and understand the challenges and how to achieve maximum productivity.
- Comfortable in being responsible for People, Technical Quality and Delivery.
- Enjoys actively participating in a cross-functional product team.
- Takes pride in writing quality code.
What we offer
- Develop and maintain the backbone of our Retail Technologies solution, which will be used by 1000s of retailers every day, to support them in their efforts to combat food waste, positively impact their sales and reach an even bigger audience
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe happy environments, create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 90 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
- From a technical point of view, we offer robust developer tooling, CI/CD support, a cloud environment where each individual will be contributing to features and architecture within their abilities.
- We are a fun bunch of ~100 colleagues in the Paris office.
- We work from the office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do
- business. We do the right thing.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.