Senior Sales Engineer
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 82+ million registered users and 200,000+ active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 272+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 680,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
Your mission at Too Good to Go…:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Sales Engineer to join our Sales Engineering team that works alongside our Key Account Management Team to drive sales of our B2B SaaS products (Too Good to Go Platform) to food retailers. Our SaaS product consists of an expiry date management application that helps grocery (and other food) retailers track, identify, and manage their food surplus.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will collaborate closely with local key account management teams, offering technical expertise in customer meetings and addressing inquiries during the sales and implementation process. Your day-to-day activities will involve creating collateral (e.g. demos, workflows, technical diagrams) and working directly with large retailers, grocers, and individual franchises. Your main objective will be to partner with our Key Account Management teams to help these retailers understand how they can implement the Too Good to Go Platform to drive optimisation, automation and efficiency in their operations. You will also play a key role in driving our overall product roadmap, together with our product managers and developers, by providing product feedback from our customers to drive future product innovation and development.
In the role, you will…
- Collaborate with the Key Account Management teams to support sales efforts with food retailers; join business planning meetings and sales pitches and own the technical aspects of customer RFPs and sales discussions
- Support the full end to end sales process from project qualification to RFP/RFI solution architecture meetings to solution implementation
- Assist in the technical setup and implementation of our products for customers, in close partnership with local key account teams and the Tech and Product teams
- Work closely with the product and tech teams to understand product capabilities, configurations, and implementation processes, to deliver accurate and expert technical guidance to account management teams and customers
- Partner with the Product and Tech teams to provide feedback on customer requirements, market demands, and competitive landscape, contributing to product roadmap discussions and enhancements
- Partner with account management teams to identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities and ensure a cohesive sales approach to key accounts
- Represent the company at food retail, wholesale, and manufacturing industry events and conferences, building awareness and driving new business opportunities
You meet the following requirements…
- 5+ years of experience as sales engineer, with a proven track record of success in selling technical products and solutions; experience in food retail and grocery is a plus
- Highly driven, motivated, and curious to learn new things
- An interest in technology and APIs with the ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical features to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Entrepreneurial self starter with proven ability to prioritise work and deliver impact
- Strong customer focus, with a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and building long-term relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Design skills are a bonus
- Required language skills: English and at least one of the following languages: German, French, Spanish
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply:
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.