Global Procurement Specialist
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 84+ million registered users and 200,000+ active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 284+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 710,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We are adding a Global Procurement Specialist to our team. This role will be based in one of our current countries of operation (Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, France or Italy), supporting all countries. Reporting into the Global Procurement Operations Manager, you will speak fluent English and either French, Italian, Dutch or Danish- any additional languages are a bonus!
If you love food but hate food waste and want to work for a business that places its food-saving mission and customer experience at the core of each and every decision then look no further!
You will help ensure that we are able to deliver our mission, by using your exceptional levels of attention to detail and ability to juggle lots of information to keep our Buying operation running. With a customer focused mindset, you will be using our tools and systems to ensure up to date information (including pricing, ingredients, allergens) as well as ensuring system uploads happen on time, so that customers are able to help us save even more food.
Our “TGTG Parcel” (Manufacturing) business is a transformative solution that enables food manufacturers to effectively reduce food waste while extracting value from surplus food. Through direct purchasing from food manufacturers, Too Good To Go carefully curates and assembles the purchased products into “TGTG Parcels”, which are then offered to our users at a discount of ~50% off of original retail (including shipping costs). Sold through our existing B2C marketplace, customers can opt to have their parcel conveniently delivered to their doorstep or pick it up from a nearby location, creating a surprise element as customers unbox their TGTG Parcel. Instead of allowing these products to go to waste, manufacturers significantly decrease their environmental impact, optimise their revenue by maximising the value of saved food, and enhance product visibility in the market.
We are building a global team of best-in-class, ambitious, motivated, and collaborative people who all share a desire to change the world as well as have an inherent love of food!
- Systems updates - ensuring all information uploaded to our systems is accurate and on time
- Utilising multiple sources of information to ensure that reporting is correct and delivered in a timely manner to the right audience
- Using a mix of data led insight and creative flair to compose parcels
- Generating customer facing content - such as parcel descriptions, titles and pictorial assets
- Ensuring that all purchase agreements are signed and documented - working with our Legal department to iron out any challenges
A Day in the Life of:
- Receiving large volumes of data from the Buying Managers and Demand Planning team and translating this into the various systems and tools to create and compose parcels.
- Proactively following up on administrative protocols with our suppliers
- Assisting our Buying Managers/ Partner Managers with reaching out to potential new supplier partners
- Managing and delivering upon any ad hoc data requests from the wider Parcels/ Manufacturing business
- Ensuring all information is passed along the chain to the Logistics Specialists
- Ensuring reports are generated accurately and issuing these to the relevant audiences
- Excellent attention to detail- accuracy is important to you!
- A great affinity with both numbers and words - you’ll be running reports daily and drafting customer facing communications
- A passion for the mission and for raising awareness of food waste and sustainability
- An analytical mindset - you are confident using raw data to proactively investigate trends and opportunities
- An independent yet collaborative nature - your colleagues will be dotted all around the world so you must have the desire to connect and share with others virtually whilst being happy to work independently
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.